KoW in 2022

Ive kept those resin chunks, just in case i can find a use for them. So far all they do is weigh down my top shelf and stop it frkm floating away.

1 Like

I think they make good concrete roadblocks for deadzone or firefight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Idol of Shobik

Monolith

Chariots

15 Likes

new november pre-orders are up, in case anyone wants a good look at the new ogres

Mantic November release preorders are live on McDougall Designs. This includes the upcoming sands of ahmun starter

https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/products/pre-order-mgkwm119-sands-of-ahmun-two-player-starter-set?utm_source=copyToPasteBoard&utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=web

https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/collections/ogres-in-28mm

12 Likes

Nice pics, and prices, and dates! Do you happen to know, does the chariot kit come with half the Ogre frame (guessing the male half judging by the photos)? Which means guns too? He asked, with Boomer Chariots in mind. And I’m guessing the Siege Breaker and Shooter hordes are the full Ogre frame plus an upgrade frame / bits?

EDIT:
Chariot Regiment = “3x Plastic Chariot Sprue, 1x Plastic Ogre Warriors Sprue, 3x MDF Chariot Base”

Shooter Horde = “1x Plastic Ogre Infantry Sprue, 1x Resin Ogre Crossbows Ugrade 6x MDF 40mm Square Bases”

3 Likes

Don’t know where exactly you got that written info that you updated with, but it is correct

Easy to guess as well I think based on previous releases (like EoD Chariots and Deadeyes)

What bothers me is that the Mega Army is 1 Hero short compared to others and that there are no Goblins

Troll Hoard Games’ description (tho no pretty pictures like MDD has)

I’m really hoping for updated Fleabag Rider plastics to bring them into line with the new gobs and better sculpted chariot critters :confused:

you want goblins get a goblin mega :wink:

3 Likes

frankly, the goblin army pack is $80. same with the new ogre army pack

same with the EoD.

if you go into it with a mate, get an army pack each, split ahmun, and get a second rulebook for the other player, you are looking at a total of $296 from McDougall designs for the rules and most of an army. or $150 each

Alternatiely, buy two ahmun and split them, and you’ve got solid army bases and rulebooks for $200 or $100 each.

Going with a Goblin Army for a unit of Goblins is a little over the top :wink:

But still the Mega Army looks a little short compared to the previous Mega Army as 1 Fleabag Regiment, 1 Ogre Regiment and 1 Hero got traded for 3 Chariots
while the Army Box stayed the same (3 Regiments+Hero)

1 Like

I agree with you on the fact that numbers went down. Unfortunately as a retailer I don’t have proper information as to why that is.

Well the old mega army was way more points than I think any other box. The new plastics are infinitely better, but also more expensive than the pvc so you can’t get quite as much.

2 Likes

Just received my big red book!
It really does feel like a complete edition of the game (except for TK players, Iguess)
There is a QR code inside the book with a link to all the background fluff. It’s available for free on the Mantic website.

8 Likes

lucky devil, waiting for mine to arrive

2 Likes

Got mine as well! Browsed through it quickly and noticed different prices for Silverbreeze in the Elf and Sylvan Kin lists right away … may be our first FAQ already :wink:

Overall, very very happy with it though! :grin:

1 Like

Collated issues so far:

Silverbreeze (SK cav) also get the points drop seen in the Elves list.

Scorchwings ARE irregular (missing the * in the profile).

Ratkin Birthmother is missing. Will be added back in.

Hellfane upgrade for AD has a hero called ‘Name tbd’. Also appears to be called ‘Abomination-Iron-Caster-Overseer’. I hope we agree to go with calling that upgrade ‘TBD’ as the name moving forward.

Elven Bolt Thrower. The null void bolts are not optional.

Snow Troll Prime - maybe an error in classification? Listed as Monster rather than Monstrous Infantry

5 Likes

That’s not great.
I get that errors slip in, but I think they could do with another step of proofreading.

4 Likes

I had heard that the Sylvan Kin are losing access to the Quicksilver lancers. If so that’s a bit disappointing.

1 Like

Afaik … Sylvan Kin never had Quicksilver Lancers.

(Not in the original CoK 22 book at least, has there been a FAQ I missed maybe? Otherwise they don’t have them.)