KoW in 2024

4 Likes

Ronnie spills the beans on MUP:

5 Likes

interesting. i;'m looking at the “lost pannithor” from the rulebook, and i’m trying to figure out where “the sable sea” is supposed to be, since it pretty much has to be ‘offscreen’.

best i can figure, the ophid is the river running north from the cradle of the gods and then west across elvish lands. so i’m guessing farther south? the body of water just below the cradle is the sandstone sea in the post-godwar map.

4 Likes

Froggies :wink:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Listen, Mantic. I’m not supposed to be buying more models in 2024 and I just bought an Ogre Mega to supplement my triple Goblin Ambushes … but I would be lying if I said I haven’t wanted an all frog army since I started Kings :face_holding_back_tears:

The Dambuster redux is cool and really dig the coral take on what looks like a cousin of the Greater Earth Elemental :+1:

3 Likes

An all frog army does sound delighful.

I suspect there will be a release that will keep my undead in the cupboard before long.
Maybe not frogs, but something.

I like to imagine that little squid on his head is the one giving instructions to the Giant.
“Big baddy two o’clock, aim high. Club coming in 10 o’clock block, sidestep right.”

4 Likes

The frog reboot just reinforces for me how little sense it makes to include Treeleapers in Sylvan Kin.

3 Likes

The whole SK list is a bit confused about what it wants to be really!

4 Likes

As much as I love my mantic Orcs. I’m hoping they will update the army like they did with the Ogres. If Mantic did that, I wouldn’t hesitate in buying a couple mega army boxes. I did noticed that they changed out some of the gores with mawpups.

2 Likes

Their turn will come, just comes down to resources and focus.
A complete overhaul for either Orcs, Dwarves, Elves and Undead would be a bigger job then Ogres after all.

2 Likes

Are the stormforged orcs not the mantic orc of choice though? Whilst I’d welcome new orcs, I cant see it being a priority any time soon.

Free dwarves seem very likely very soon, and elves are massively overdue a redo

5 Likes

I’m not too fond of Stormforged Orcs. Maybe if they had the option to change their weapons from hammers to axes or some type of “choppa”. I probably would buy a couple regiments. I definitely don’t have the sculpting talent to make it happen. :laughing:

1 Like

If you have access to a 3D printer, Mantic released RFO axe arms through the Vault. Mostly to convert plastic RFO into Morax, with an axe in either hand, but you could just swap the normal kit’s hammer arm with an axe arm …

EDIT: Forgot they also gave us two-handed axes to replace the two-handed hammers!

7 Likes

What??? When did this happen? I don’t have a 3D Printer. Does Mantic sell these in plastic or resin? These look really good!

2 Likes

Mantic don’t sell physical print versions of the models they put in the Vault (unless they already exist) , but there is a official supplier and, depending on where you live, licensed companies that can print them

5 Likes

Not very into CG - I like my concerted one better BUT I am all about those new Riverguard models. I plan to get 1-2 ambush sets as I expect them to have 16/20 riverguards and 2 dambusters.

1 Like

Oh that’s really cool. I’ll have to look for a seller in the US. Tried looking at some the UK shops but I don’t see anywhere on their sites about printing out Mantic Vault stuff.

1 Like

Im sure i read or watched a video that said there is definetely a third army to be re done and it will be an existing ‘mantic’ army.
Im sure it wasnt named but has a themed list.
I dont want to over say my forecast not sure they want people to know otherwise they would of said.