KoW Summer News Stream Preview

Noticed it in this picture but the basing on the infantry and cav seems a bit off. The wizard and the harvester seem better done, as do the minis from Infamy. It’s pretty basic and a bit of grass would suit their theme better. Don’t know if they ran out of time before the photography? A bit odd when the minis are well painted.

The paint job on the machine itself here, the metalwork, is fantastic.

4 Likes

Yeah, think in part it’s that some of the models were/are clearly from the League of Infamy release, and painted up to match those. Then more of the actual KoW halflings get painted up, with a basing scheme that sort of fits with them - rather than doing the halflings from scratch and redo the few LoI bits.

1 Like

I really like the look of the new Halflings!

It’s just so unfortunate that the league models don’t match the scale of the plastic kits. Their heads are noticeably smaller, and that bugs me. I’d have to kit bash all the characters to match.

reference scale photo from Mantic as someone on the interwebz said they were too tall for halflings

Also I know it will be controversial that they are keeping the LoI models on their larger 25mm bases, but considering people complained at having to rebase DS stuff before I think it’s a good shout and saves having to mess around

6 Likes

Seems about the right size to me, do like the look of their infantry kit… just don’t think I need a 7th KoW force, well at least at the moment anyway :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve bought a small army as I have ~5000 points of resin halflings from Westfalia already, so I think I’ve been very restrained

4 Likes

“need” is a strong word here that does not translate well into our hobby language

:wink:

5 Likes

Army list and pre-orders are up

4 Likes

Wow, I had no idea the lower abyssal models were goblin sized! You can really see the increased quality of mantic’s sculpts.

1 Like

Yeah, certainly the special characters etc

2 Likes

Really fun list, seeing like 4+ ways to build the army. The troll version probably appeals to me the most (I love blanket pathfinder, it’s part of why I’m playing Herd right now), but so many cool tools to sprinkle in and/or skew too hard towards. Great characters too, and probably the coolest batch of legends IMO.

4 Likes

From dash28. Not sure if it was shown before.

8 Likes

not yet but that explains the second flying unit with bombs, very cool indeed. Also I just saw your message and had completely forgotten about the siege rules, so I shall do that after work. poke me if I haven’t sent them by tomorrow as I’m a feckless wastrel

2 Likes

OK, those are seriously cool.

2 Likes

Poke I will! Thanks!

Nice, I’d not seen these.

I think Mantic have got the level of fantasy engineering about right. Important as I don’t think, on the whole, a fantasy world should look like it’s on the brink of an industrial revolution.

6 Likes

I agree, even though I like the Ratkin models. I guess Pannithor can handle one exception.

1 Like

Doggies

4 Likes

11 Likes

Ohhh good stuff! All of those look great! :slight_smile:

3 Likes