Really appreciate how honest and open Mantic (Ronnie) is about this side of business.
And a months warning, so anything* you desperately want can be got before the rise comes in.
They’ve been really up front about costs, production etc which does them a lot of credit.
Plus if you are signed up to their newsletter have probably just received a discount code to use in July
Nothing showing in my emails. Pretty sure I am signed up to their newsletter.
you got the code if you ordered recently (in 2021) in the shop
Over the last year we’ve seen prices on materials continue to rise – sometimes exponentially. To clarify, we’ve seen increases on:
- Cardboard (used to pack the products and ship the products)
- Plastic raw material (the majority of our models are made of plastic)
- Resin (used to make ships for Armada and many Kings of War units)
- Metal (there are still plenty of models in our catalogue that use metal)
- Shipping (don’t get me started on shipping. In some cases it’s up by 500%!!!)
While some of this will be down to covid, and market forces, Brexit is also going to be a factor here.
I’d also like to add that I appreciate the heads up, and the direct explanation.
Was this really the last time they increased?
10y ago and they did the same thing. Being transparent and announcing early so you can prepare.
Serious answer - I think the last one was 2-3 years ago. Might be longer because no one counts Covid-time.