Mantic price increase

Agreed 100% Gerrcinn. Nothing to do with Mantic. But unfortunately for them a major revenue killing event none the less.

Thanks for the link. Bought in shop from Mountain Gremlin games before. Great range of fantasy metal in there as well as some KoW stuff.

1 Like

Fantasywelt is pretty good for getting Mantic stuff in Germany. Think it was mentioned, but that should definitely go on a ā€œlink listā€ if we make one.

Been ordering most of my stuff there anyways, mostly due to short delivery time compared to UK orders. Only new releases and web only stuff Iā€™ve been getting from the the Mantic store.

FantasyWelt.de | Tabletopshop | Brettspielshop | Rollenspielshop

2 Likes

Yeah, it is not Mantic fault. It started with Usa-China trade war, then Brexit and everything went to hell.

When we were outside of EU, we had ā€œinsignificant amountā€ for free pass on customs, it was around 20 euros, but customs let go most parcels, even up to 50 euros.

Now, UPS wanted me to pay them 20 euros for their ā€œserviceā€ of intermediating with customs for a parcel that was 19 euros.

Me and mate are waiting delivery from fantasywelt for two months now.

3 Likes

it is definitely UPS scalping, already tried to get them with local authorities here but it is not their responsibility (kind of, they referred to Brexit and costume, while for service fees they cannot do anything)

as I got from he last 80ā‚¬ order, 1ā‚¬ in taxes and 0,5ā‚¬ in costume, while UPS wanted 40ā‚¬ in total fees

2 Likes

ouch

@ThaneBobo , the only time I had to wait for a parcel from Fantasyworld, was when an item of the delivery was out of stock. Did you check with them? I just called them and it got cleared up quickly, canceled the one color pot that was out of stock and had the parcel two days later.

1 Like

PS: Fantasywelt already has Halflings up for pre-order

3 Likes

Well, it was our first order, so we took stuff that were out of stock just to see how long it would take them. To know are they better or worse than Wayland Games. Mate contacted them, options were: splitting order and pay extra 13 euros, refund for missing stuff or wait. So we opted for wait as we are in no hurry anyway.

My mate says they are awful as Wayland, I am more forgiving and give them some credit as the things are not as they should be.

ordered 4 times there, way better than Wayland for me
and taking long is often not their problem as they donā€™t know how long some manufacturers need to resupply

but for ordering online, never anything that is out of stock

2 Likes

Well, I like to live dangerously.

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

:face_vomiting:

Sent a mail to Mantic. Tragic really.

2 Likes

Ouch, that is extortion.

That was my last Mantic order. It arrived today, zero customs or anything. It came with UPS.

I ordered two troops of Riverguard from fantasywelt.de. They are out of stock, but had still the old price tag. Iā€™m in no hurry and their customer service is good.

1 Like

Lady luck must favour you! :wink:

1 Like

I guess. I have a beautiful wife, two adorable sons and now a customs free delivery from UPS. Can it get any better than this?!

3 Likes

Winning lottery numbers given to you in a dream, and dice that roll all 6ā€™s :wink:

1 Like

Yep, my dice rolls could definetly improve.

1 Like

At least nobody is advertising Mantic miniatures ā€˜affordableā€™ anymore.
For buyers from the EU it was quite expensive right after the Brexit. ā‚¬ prices were as high as before, although Mantic doesnā€™t need to pay taxes for selling them. Instead, people from the EU have to pay the taxes now, and if you buy more, you have to pay duty too.

And now the prices are even higher.
There might be some bitterness in my words, but I wonā€™t buy many miniatures from Mantic anymore. For only a small amount more I can get a hard plastic miniature, with an assembly instruction (!) and nearly no problems with gaps or broken parts.

Other UK based companies (Perry, Nothmark,ā€¦) still offer (plastic) miniatures for a good price.

1 Like

but you also need to pay taxes and duty as well if you buy from other UK bases companies and not a European distributor

comparing EU prices, 20 Mantic Skeletons cost 25ā‚¬, 30 Oathmark Skeletons 28ā‚¬
and than there is GW, were 20 Skeletons (that break easily) cost 45ā‚¬

historical miniatures are another league anyway as they have always been around half the price of fantasy or scifi models with ~40 models for 20-25ā‚¬ (or 60 for 30-40ā‚¬), but there you are limited to humans anyway and no one forces you to use something else but historical factions for the human based armies

1 Like

Well the (UPS-)empire struck back! I got a letter and had to pay customs and an internal fee! On the phone they told me, that if the seller declares the products cost outside on the parcel, the fee wouldnā€™t be charged. Customs wasnā€™t that much. The extra fee is just unnessecary and criminal. They should look for someone else, delivering their miniatures to EU countries.
Someone should tell Mantic! Looking at you @mattjgilbert and @Kay :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

By the way, fantasywelt.de still has the old prices. I got some metal Riverguard from them for 19.99ā‚¬ per troop and no postage.

3 Likes