Mantic price increase

Anecdotal, but my mate now living in Belguim has completely switched away from ordering from the UK (not Mantic but all sorts of ranges). Now tries to pick up everything from within the EU - mainly via Eastern Europe.

Maybe Mantic relocates to Northern Ireland? (joking, sort of)

1 Like

Northern Ireland could become a hub like Hong Kong was, it annoys me in many ways that some of the bellends here are pushing to get rid of it instead of leaning into the unique position weā€™ve been given. There are still some issues on the export front it it does remove a lot of the problems that are coming up because of the B-word

3 Likes

My understanding is that the pro-protocol parties are highly likely to be in the majority at Stormont after the coming elections, and for the upcoming protocol vote after that. Hopefully, NI can make the best out of it.

1 Like

Nope @Stonehorse you didnā€™t say it was a general 25% increase.

But the way I read your post I was looking at the Mantic site next because your post kind of implied it all did go up by 25%. :wink:

Wether you intended it or not, the way it was worded, it did mislead quite a few people. Thatā€™s a fact. Donā€™t fault anyone for reading it like that, when it can easily be read like that.

But no harm done, I think everything has been cleared up now and there isnā€™t a giant horrible price increase of doom across the range, luckily.

As mentioned above, import taxes with Brexit are a much bigger issue and Iā€™ll order locally as much as possible from now on. Had to pay over 60 bucks of taxes for my large Drakon order recently :astonished:

1 Like

My bad @MarkG, edited already :wink:

No it did not, please. Can we stop this, all I said was ONE MODEL HAS GONE UP BY 25%ā€¦ ONE MODEL, NOT THE ENTIRE SODDING RANGE! IF YOU READā€¦

ā€˜Vampire Lord was ā‚¬9.99 when I bought it before the increase, now ā‚¬12.50 That is an increase of ā‚¬2.50, a quarter of the original price. 25% increase is not something Iā€™d associate with Mantic.ā€™

And mentally went, heā€™s talking about the entire Mantic rangeā€¦ not the aforementioned VAMPIRE LORD.

Thanks for putting me in a foul mood. Being accused of being misrepresentation, and lying sort of make me feel a bit shit.

2 Likes

ah my sweet summer child. Thatā€™s polling.

When the election comes around what will happen is usā€™uns and themā€™uns will come out and people will vote for usā€™uns so themā€™uns donā€™t get in. Tribalism continues and there will be no change.

Also Stormont is a power sharing executive so numbers donā€™t mean much when vetoes can be applied. My only hope is that the pricks responsible for shit stirring are the first to die once the violence theyā€™re hoping for returns.

They wonā€™t be.
But I can dream

1 Like

I stand by my original comment. I donā€™t think itā€™s naive. The Nationalists and the ā€˜neithersā€™ are highly likely to win more seats than the Unionists. Iā€™m aware of the power sharing situation, but my understanding is that the vote is a straight vote in the assembly.

Whether the Unionists collapse Stormont after ā€˜losingā€™ the next election, is another question. Lots of unknowns - how does power sharing work if the DUP come third? Would the DUP accept the role of deputy First Minister if they came second?

1 Like

@Stonehorse No, Iā€™m not accusing you of lying. Not in my previous post nor in this one.

Please just acknowledge that your comment was worded in a way that may be easily misread. Thatā€™s really all. The way it was worded itā€™s hardly surprising that people (mis)read it the way they did. And since it sounded like mudslinging at Mantic, it was called out.

But since thatā€™s cleared up ā€¦ there isnā€™t an issue anymore as far as I can see. Other than maybe trying to be more aware in how oneā€™s posts can and will be read in the future.

And yeah, you did make me look twice and check the Mantic site ā€¦ :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

power-sharing is based on the largest two parties, I doubt they would accept deputy as a role and despite what the polling suggests I donā€™t think the swing will be anywhere near enough to change who are the top two parties, although it would be pleasant to be proved wrong on that.

and while there are straight votes in the Assembly, the veto is what causes the issue. Also itā€™s important to remember that the DUP are not the only unionist party, non of which are proā€¦well anything really, theyā€™re a bunch of Cons.

I digress, thatā€™s probably more than enough politics for a tiny fighting man forum

Power sharing is to represent the two communities rather than straight out the largest parties - hence we donā€™t know what happens if Alliance come second (like you say, may not happen).

The consent mechanism for the protocol differs from the normal arrangements - a simple majority of MLAs is all thatā€™s required.

But yes, weā€™re well off track now.

ā€¦or Scotland votes leave and Mantic moves HQ a bit north.

2 Likes

Iā€™m more than happy, that I used two coupon codes and ordered my Forest Shamblers before the increase. They are 40ā‚¬ now!

3 Likes

I used a coupon and bought a load of dwarf miniatures Iā€™ve had in my basket for a few months as I worked on my Dwarf core infantry regiments.

Big order - a Summer holiday threat for myself - and enough painting to keep me going for a few months minimum.

Just got a text for delivery for today. Very fast - about three days. Delighted.

However ā€¦ ā€œIā€™m a courier from UPS. I have a delivery for you today but there is a customs charge on it of ā‚¬70.20. Itā€™s from the UK.ā€

Can we get a list of EU distributors please from anyone using one with a good KoW range? Maybe sticky the information at the top of a thread.

Iā€™m emailing Mantic that I canā€™t order direct from them again. I had to send the same email to Warlord two months ago. My last Mantic order went though with no issues in February but today is pretty catastrophic.

All major external markets for the UK miniatures industry - the US and EU - now face severe import taxes for buying their toy soldiers.

My opinion on the price rises is neutral. I understand and the price rises arenā€™t too extreme. It supports a company and industry I like as well - if itā€™s needed to help sustain business I can run with it. It was also well communicated to the customer base. This charge is just dead money though. I refuse to be caught like this again - hence zero ordering from the UK going forward.

4 Likes

@Niall78 Same hereā€¦

I ordered over ā‚¬100, saved ā‚¬20 with the voucher.

Then got this today.

Well, guess I wonā€™t be ordering from Mantic direct ever again if this is the future going forward.

@Dave I think Mantic need to be aware of this, it might just be UPS that are scalping, but this is too much.

3 Likes

Neverboard.ie is who I go to usually (based in County Mayo Ireland).

2 Likes

Looks like my own order. Customs coming in at nearly 50%.

Game over for any UK orders for me.

On a broader issue the UK industry needs EU distribution or it will need to downsize for the UK internal market only. Nobody is buying from the EU at a near 50% mark-up.

1 Like

Hobbymad.ie have a lot of the Oathmark and some Northstar stuff. Also a great paint and hobby range. Or at least they did have before Brexit and Covidā€¦

1 Like

yeah this is fuck all to do with Mantic, this is solely Brexit guys, Mountain Gremlin Games is another good stockist for Mantic in Ireland
or you do what my brother in Meath does and ship everything to me and then come and pick it up every month or so :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fully aware that this is not Mantic adding the charges. However I have had things from the UK through DPD, and not had charges like this. Mantic have (for what ever reason) chosen to use UPS. As I said it could be UPS scalping, however if that puts people off from ordering direct, Mantic ultimately sufferā€¦ which I donā€™t want to happen.

UPS may be offering the lowest frees to Mantic, but if those charges are passed onto the customer instead, that just puts the customer off in the long run.

2 Likes