Monster March 5! - painting challenge

Hello!

The third week of the #MonsterMarch5 painting challenge is coming to an end. Check out how the participants did in the last week. We are slowly getting towards the end of the challenge!

2 Likes

Bird now has a blue/teal coat on all of its feathers and I have got the raw basing materials on the base

7 Likes

Looks great @Morofang!

I have just added the photos with your update to the blog post! :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work!

Got on the dry brush train today. Probably 2 more sessions to finish the scaley boi and then get started on the rider.

6 Likes

sweet dragon

Health problems have made it impossible to do any work on the model I was going to do for Monster March. I’ve been enjoying seeing others work and really glad it happened but have to say it’s not going to happen for me and maybe try again next March.

3 Likes

Hi WoofBird,

I am really sorry to hear about your health problems. I wish you speedy recovery. Please don’t worry, just continue on your beautiful model whenever you get better. There will be monthly topic for painting anyway, with a lot of inspiration from others on regular basis. Get back whenever you feel to do so.

Thank you very much for participating, I really appreciate you joined Monster March 5!

Take care!

2 Likes

That’s very nice. 3d print wasn’t it?

We’ll see how far we get with a couple of vampire on pegasi (‘vampires on pegasus’, ‘vampire on pegasuses’ … :wink: )

1 Like

Pegapire?

pegsucker?

Looking great! Speaking of Rocket Pig, finished up my Ancient Vampire last night:

Will see if I can’t get some work done on the Dragon King (daemon prince) before the month is out :crocodile:

4 Likes

Small update from myself as well: Rider 7 is done and 8 just needs some small touchups after the mounting of the rider got a bit messy (doh) … really just minor stuff luckily :laughing:

I’ll post some pictures as soon as it’s all done. Of course I won’t manage to get number 9 and 10 ready now in just a week … but I do have a small surprise monster addition planned for the Monster March finale. :wink:

2 Likes

Built the first of the undead pegs.

3 Likes

That basing looks a lot like a square of cheesecake, and I’m here for it :white_heart:

1 Like

Hilda’s got some fluff too! Here’s how the #MonsterMarch adds into our local Halpi’s rift campaign.

1 Like

Progress Update:

8 out of 10 Stormwind are all finished now and the final models are mounted on the holders. There’s also paint on every model of the regiment now, well granted. … just the basecoat on the last two horses and riders, but still … I’ll call it a milestone! :wink: :laughing:

You can also spy my “Monster March surprise Monster” in the front. A Treeman that I painted about 25 years ago (and for that I find he held up amazingly well!). Two days ago he was still on his original 40mm base, but now I just went ahead and slapped him on a 50mm base for KoW and prettied the base up a little bit.

He’ll serve in a pinch until I get around to painting my Dragons and other Tree Herder models. :slight_smile:

Progress:

All models have paint on them! :slight_smile:

And 2 closer-up shots of the two Stormwind that I just finished:

I really like how the Drakon Rider/Stormwind/Kindred Lord Cloak kitbash one worked out :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Finished my Dragon King (Daemon Prince) last night too! Waiting on the rain to stop so I can seal and add a little water effects then get some better pictures, but here’s a work station snap before I forget to share him here:

9 Likes

Bit more work on the undead peg

7 Likes

that’s looking fantastc

Still a wip but it’s getting there

7 Likes