Monster March 5! - painting challenge

Looks great already!!! :slight_smile:

i’m with Mikes on that. it looks great

The first of my Herd Chieftains, awaiting her chariot to be built and painted : the Goddess of the De Danann …

Ériú

7 Likes

Loving the owl.

Undead peg done.

10 Likes

that undead pegasus looks awesome

1 Like

Really love your work, it looks great!

1 Like

Great work @Nav and @Sceleris :slight_smile:

And you work way faster than me. Especially that Undead Peg looks amazing and you got it done really fast as well for such a larger model. (Warp-Speed compared to me :laughing:)

While I didn’t get much more painting done, in the meantime, I did make another picture for the Monster March finale, to showcase what I’ve done in March! - and the last 6 months :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mikes. Those cavalry are looking good, love the green cloaks

1 Like

Cheers mate. Speed comes from not doing anything fancy, plus pubs still not being open :wink:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Great progress everyone!

Here is the link to the most recent update from the participants of the #MonsterMarch5 painting challenge! Only one more week left until the end!

3 Likes

some great work there, well done so far everyone.

Quick and simple paint job on the League of Infamy cavern dweller - which will have an alternative role as a goreblight in the undead.

He’s not the biggest chap in the world though (apparently h4, next to a h3 cave troll) :wink:

5 Likes

I was bummed to see how small the Infamy cavern dweller is, as I’m a fan of the official sculpt (and it looks bigger in that army shot in Uncharted Empires - maybe the production sculpt is bigger??)

Anyway, here’s one more monster for the month, the first based model for the Sylvan Herd I painted last year:

Both base and [Beast of Nature w/ Noxious Mist] are intentionally very simple. I’m still really wrestling with going harder on the basing, but I think I’m happy with how simple they are, and the lower level of texture - I didn’t want to just sand the whole thing - should help models stick to it, a major concern of mine. But the less texture also means there isn’t as much to catch the mossy green I’m drybrushing over that brown :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like what it really needs is static grass, or maybe I’ll be fancy and add a second tuft - maybe even some flowers??

4 Likes

Mhhh maybe it’s an option to use some larger rocks on the base to make that Cavern Dweller look a bit more imposing as a model?

I mean hey … it works for Sarkozi and Cruz. :sweat_smile: And my 1,83m ex-girlfriend I once had, wanted me to wear those shoes as well LOL :sweat_smile: … but unlike me, that Cavern Dweller can’t complain and make a fuzz, when you prop him up a bit. :wink:

We’re moving this week so I haven’t had a chance to finish the dragon’s base or the Kindred Lord but I’m very happy that I managed to complete the dragon in time!

8 Likes

that’s looking epic @Findol

Hello!

Monster March 5 is officially over! It was my great pleasure to host it again. The participants contributed fantastic models and it was a constant source of inspiration and motivation!

Many thanks to all of you and I hope to see you next year!

10 Likes

@Swordmaster :clap::clap:good stuff

2 Likes

Thank you for all your work Swordmaster! This challenge was really motivating and it’s been really inspirational to see everyone’s amazing work!

1 Like