Monster March! - painting topic

Skeleton archer troop (yes, they are pretty awful in game, but so what!).

11 Likes

Tonight’s painting. Just waiting for the green ink to dry, then on to the bases.

7 Likes

Finished the revenants. Going to do a couple of cavalry units in the same style, using more gripping beast models (the goth elite horsemen)

7 Likes

Interesting, so the Mantic Wraiths can look pretty! Thanks for showing that!

2 Likes

Baldur hated being the youngest. He got all the poxy jobs. “Clean the latrines Baldur,” “Fetch us some water, youngster.” “Guard the pastures at the rear of the army.” …He wanted to be up in the vanguard were all the action would be! He was bored senseless standing guard here… and the midgies were eating the head off him too.
He heard a crack of a twig behind him…ignored it. Those cows could be noisy beggars."
…The dagger was swift… and deadly.

4 Likes

Thanks! The models are showing their age. If and when Mantic come around to updating them I bet they’ll look great.

Having said that, seeing how easy these are to paint I am tempted to pick up another 20 or more.

1 Like

Quite happy with how they have turned out.

8 Likes

That vibrant green makes my heart happy. Best colour ever.

3 Likes

Cheers. I’ve always thought that spectral stuff should have a green tint to them.

This was just a watered down green wash slapped on the entire model. Dead easy… if you’ll forgive the pun.

1 Like

and i was just going to ask if it glowed in the dark…

Skeleton ogres doing a stand in job as zombie trolls.

9 Likes

Haven’t been able to add many regular guys, waiting on more mongols. But painted up a giant eagle beast of war for the herd mongols.

9 Likes

looking great…it’s a lovely model to work with

8 Likes

Skeletons

10 Likes

Nice. I really like the simple colour scheme and consistency across your units. They look like they belong in the same world, on the same battlefield.

1 Like

Colors on the chariots pop nicely and those skeletons look grim and gloomy.

Both have a red and blue scheme but one is vibrant and alive and the other is darker and suits the undead more!

2 Likes

The first of the three druids. Sweet models with plenty of details for shade and highlights. I’ve still to decide what to do about the bases. … Standing around a Beltane fire, a cauldron, or maybe a sacrificial alter?..I could spend another three days mixing different shade of orange for his hair and still not be happy…a Sisyphus conundrum

8 Likes

Jarvis & a winged ghoul.

10 Likes

7 Likes