Monster March! - painting topic

many thanks.

i don’t play Undead, so haven’t the foggiest what these are equivalint to in Kings of War, but i got these as a surprise Xmas gift, After painting so many goblins it was a nice change to get stuck into these four Banshees.

6 Likes

Well done… And…

Wraiths perhaps? Maybe night stalker phantoms? both seem to be valid.

On the Armada front, I finally finished my Abbess class ship.

More pictures on my blog in an hour or so. (Edit: here)

12 Likes

Love the ship @Vince - quality stuff.

I got a bunch of the floaty undead stuff - thinking of using them as abyssals - tortured souls and a variety of flying characters.

1 Like

Looking sweet.
As for the Banshees, I’m not sure I’ll use them, we’ll see, but they were enjoyable to paint

Nice miniatures Nav. I was hoping to do an ancillary undead force made of banshees, Carmen, Dearg Due and bog bodies for my main undead force. Kind of an Irish myth element to it.

1 Like

That sounds very cool Niall, i had considered starting an ‘historical type’ Irish Celtic force, a Táin Bó Cúailnge type army

1 Like

The blue flame is a good choice I think, contrasts very nicely!

2 Likes

My version of Orlaf the Barbarian: A somewhat older wizened veteran campaigner, although still deadly, despite the lumbago. He may, at times, forget where he left his teeth, but he always knows where his sword is.

![IMG_20210127_205502|519x500]

11 Likes

Bolt throwers done

9 Likes

Great updates, as always! :slight_smile:

Who would have guessed January would pass so quickly? Fortunately, it seems to be much easier to come up with the name for February since there is so much choice among “F” words :slight_smile:

However, it would probably be a no surprise to anyone to continue with the painting topic as “Fantastic February!” - after all, it is all Fantasy world!

I am already looking forward to seeing all your fantastic models!

5 Likes

“Fantastic” choice of title @Swordmaster … good job on the choosing the “F” - word. :laughing: :sweat_smile:

I’m about to finish the riders on Horse 5 & 6 of the Stormwind Cav btw, hopefully this week, … slowly but steadily making progress towards the full regiment, since I started work on it in earnest back in November.

How’s your Stormwind coming along? The last pictures were quite impressive.

Btw. … will be have a Monster March again next Month? I’d have a Tree Herder and a Dragon in the lineup this year. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @Mikes!

Great to know you keep working on your regiment in a steady way! As long as there is progress, that’s the most important :slight_smile:

I actually managed to have some progress and I think it is realistic for me to finish it before March (maybe even earlier!).

Here is the current WiP:

The back rank is ready, currently working on the front rank. Two knights you see are almost finished. I have two more riders ready and painting the steeds now. It is the most complex project I worked on but I will add more details once the regiment is done.

And yes, I do plan to run the Monster March again! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

13 Likes

Those knights are stunning mate, superb work

2 Likes

Yeah they are beautiful. Colours are just popping.

1 Like

very sweet @Swordmaster.
My LOTR Giant Eagles arrived … timely indeed, for my two goblin Winggits . I finished off the Woodland scenic bases for them yesterday, so again, the timing was perfect.

!

4 Likes

Dwarf ships for Armada and some KoM polearm units.

11 Likes

Those are awesome @Swordmaster and you’ll likely beat me to the finish line, when you get done before March :wink:

My painting table right now:

One rider finished, just needs varnish, the other probably needs 1-2 more afternoons of work before he’s ready. Then I’m past the halfway point with 6 Stormwind out of 10 done :slight_smile:

Of course … I would be closer to finishing if I hadn’t been distracted by painting an Undead Vanguard Warband and almost the complete Dungeon Saga Box inbetween :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

A rebased unit rather than a newly painted one, but shield wall done - shields break in combat, and this lot aren’t too picky where the replacements come from :wink:

7 Likes

makes perfect sense to me… then again, brickwork is the best sheild