Monster March! - painting topic

@Sceleris, yes they are.

i finally got some sunlight, and touched up th goblin riders before replacing the photos rather than spamming out the posts

1 Like

@Garuses. They look good. When you didn’t mix the contrast paint did you end up with very shiny orcs?
I’ve bought a few orc chariots off eBay too. They seem to be the only cheaply priced GW stuff on there.
The the ones I’ve bought were already assembled, so I had good fun trying to paint the insides with 2 orcs crammed in there

Not shiny but blotchy and with pretty dark tan. The left arm of the orc with the spear is it. The rest was painted with a mix of orc flesh and water 1:1. Everything on top a zenithal highlight.

@Garuses that’s interesting. I’ve noticed that the orc contrast paint can be blotchy too , didn’t occur to me to thin it. I’ll give that a go next time I paint one

Hello!

I think I finished the regiment of Stormwind :slight_smile: Just a quick photo for now. I am really happy with the result, especially considering time and effort put into it.

18 Likes

They look fabulous @Swordmaster

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic Swordmaster.

They deserve more close-ups photos on this thread.

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic @Swordmaster! :slight_smile: The earlier photos were great already, but seeing them completed and ranked up is something else altogether! Great job! :slight_smile:

Small update from myself: I’m officially halfway done now and that’s what the front rank looks like:

9 Likes

Probably don‘t get to play him but I was in the mood to test new techniques.

Maybe I will play a small Ogre Palace Guard Alliance with my Dwarfs.

7 Likes

Also have some ‘ogre palace guard’ - for a brothermark take on my otherwise KoM army.

These are Conquest models from Para Bellum

10 Likes

Well, I finally have a picture of two more models I’ve painted back in December (college was time consuming).

One is supposed to be your regular dwarf clansman (I’ll add a shield from the WizKids Deep Cuts Vikings sprue later), while the other is a Frost hammer (more like Frost axe given the model). I also included a treasure chest I painted that came with the baby bronze dragon, that would make a good objective marker.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot @Nav! I am glad you like them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers @Niall78!

I will do my best to take some more with nicer background, better light and at different angles.

Thanks @Mikes!

It is very rewarding to complete the project that was months in the making. I am very happy indeed!

Great job on your Stormwind too! I really like how nice and clean your painting looks. The subtle blending of the green elements is what I like the most! I am sure the regiment will look great!

1 Like

Always good to see a starting painter join us here! Well done!

If you’d like to get rid of the “white edges” between the colours (that happened me too, once), try painting the brighest colour fist and well over the edges. Correct later with the adjecent darker colour. Alternatively, a black basecoat (instead of a white one) aleviates this problem as the black edges will show as “shadow”.

Furthermore, you might want to experiment with some ink. For instance, try and use a thinned down brown ink on the right model (everything that is not blue) which will instantly bring forward all those small details!

To conclude, great to see you here! Good luck with the painting and hobby journey!

Edit: two painting projects of myself:

a) Armada fleet finally completed and based:

b) Though it doesn’t have anything to do with Kings of War, I finished a War Cry warband.
(But I did use Mantic skeletons and wraiths)

All can be found on my blog as usual

8 Likes

Next few bits for KoM/Brothermark style army.

9 Likes

@Sceleris nice looking troops. Where’s the wizard on a Pegasus from? Is it a conversion? Looks like the 3rd guy is on a horse from the GW luminark that I’m spending half my life painting, so sadly I expect it is. My wizard is currently shaking his fist at a Pegasus, but it would be nice for him to be mounted on it!

Cheers.

The wizard is the old Balthazar Gelt model, with a converted staff.

Yeah, the horse is from the wizard wagon/war altar kit

1 Like

Hello,

I promised a few more pictures and I even added a blog post about the regiment itself! I hope you will like it! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

8 Likes