Game 163 - Forces of Nature - 2022/10/23

Great report and well played! I think it helped you quite a bit getting turn 1, that and the fact that your Shamblers on the right held up the Molochs for an extra turn allowed your plan to bottle up his forces on the right to work. You opponent’s deployment was too heavily weighted to that flank, which, with the big bit of blocking terrain ended up working in your favour.

1 Like

Thank you @Edzig!

I am glad I noticed the opportunity, managed to block dangerous units and was decisive in using the chance to defeat powerful Molochs in the middle.

Thanks!

My prediction for game 1 was a little off, but called it for game 2!
From the blog:
"Game 1 win (haven’t read it yet).
You have better control of the battlefield. Not sure which token is which though.

Game 2 win, your opponent has a lot of hitting power stuck in that corner, getting in each other’s way.

Game 3 loss, don’t think you can stop his centre.

Game 4 could go either way. I think you might have a slight edge in speed though.

Game 5 win, he’s got nothing to stop you scoring all 3 while you can hold the dwarfs up.

Game 6 win, I think you can overwhelm the right flank and your opponent is slow on the left."

Thanks for writing it up. I do enjoy reading about how the Outcasts are doing.

1 Like

Hi @DarkBlack!

You are doing good! As I mentioned on the blog, there should be game 3 ready this week. Thanks a lot for your predictions! It’s a lot of fun and helps me to write the reports faster!

2 Likes

Awesome game vs. Jonathon - really enjoyed the report. Bottling up that flank really worked well for ya! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Mikes!

Indeed, it worked for me very well. But I need to come up with another plan as I am sure Jonathon is not going to let me do it again! :slight_smile:

Hello!

Here is the link to the battle report from game 3 of Kings of War I played during Clash of Kings AUS 2020.
Elves vs Orcs commanded by Matthew in Invade Scenario.

Game 136 - Orcs - 2020/02/08

Many thanks to Matthew for a great game!

5 Likes

Well played on that game. I had you down to lose that one. I didn’t think you’d be able to stop enough of those high US Orc hordes from getting across the board. Your turn 3 charges, when you took off the Ax and Troll hordes was massive. It was a risk, but played for and got!

1 Like

Hi @Edzig!

I am glad I managed to surprise you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wrong! I expected you to engage in the left, leaving those units was a good strategy.

1 Like

Hi @DarkBlack!

I don’t think I had good chance to prevail on the left. Matthew had more and tougher units there. And advancing with flanks protected. That would mean frontal attack which in this case would be a suicide.

I needed to use speed advantage and when the opportunity was there to bait and then attack from few directions at the same time, I took it. The Orcs on my left flank were too far to support.

Still, the mistakes were made and instead of comfortable advantage I was lucky to win at all! :slight_smile:

Hello!

Here is the link to the fourth game of Kings of War during Clash of Kings Australia 2020.

Elves vs Undead commanded by Andrew in Plunder scenario.

Game 137 - Undead - 2020/02/09

Many thanks to Andrew for a great game!

5 Likes

Even though you weren’t victorious, good to see the army performing well.

1 Like

That was another good game. Your MSU Elves are holding their end up very well in third edition. Well done to Andrew for winning and vindicating my prediction, but I confess I thought it would a much more one-sided game.

1 Like

… soooo close … again! No matter if you win or not, those reports certainly are fantastic to read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @MarkG!

I was really happy with how the battle flowed and with the fact I was able to fight on equal terms!

Cheers!

Fantastic reports! I really enjoy to read them. I got to admit though, this time I was hoping for Undead to win, sorry. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Edzig!

I hoped I would be able to surprise you again but it was not to be! I am, however, very happy that I had some good ideas during this game. Gives me hope I can actually make it work with MSU Elves! :slight_smile:

Thanks @Mikes!

I agree, close games tend to be a great read, especially when the balance swing from one side to another with every turn! There may be some more examples in the remaining two games :slight_smile:

Hi @KptKeno!

Thanks! And no problem at all! I write the reports hoping players of all factions would find something interesting. Since I do not change my army, the only way is to feature as many opponents as possible.

What do you think about Andrew’s army and the way he used in this game?

Thanks!

1 Like