My Abyssal dwarfs

The grotesques are almost finished. They did quite well in their first 3 games. Git evaporated by a flank and front werewolf horde combo charge but acquitted themselves well in the next 2 games.

14 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks @ThaneBobo !

I’m booked into a bexley reapers tournament next may. As is common with their events everyone gets to field a unique special character. This time it’s a large cavalry character and the theme is deadman’s hand, aces and eights.

So I’ve kit bashed mine already and finished him.

He’ll be a grotesque champion for normal games.

18 Likes

Abyssal dwarves are truly the best dwarves and rank top 3 if not the top as best and coolest faction (you can tell i collect them)

2 Likes

@Rusty_shackleford your army looks great. There’s no blending and the steps in colour/contrast are big but you have a real artistic talent mate. Your brush strokes are bold but precise. Its no GW box art but in my opinion looks better. Hope to see more

3 Likes

Thanks @ClosetPainter

I describe my style as cell shaded or graphic novel style. I was very heavily influenced by comic books as a youth

3 Likes

@Rusty_shackleford this looks awesome. Incredible work.

1 Like

I absolutely adore your army Rusty! Truly spectacular!

1 Like

Finally got to playing some games again and got some army mojo back.

A baby mortar

7 Likes

That is such a good lava base. Crispy looking

1 Like

Cheers @wilberforce

1 Like

I dug out a GW psychostyrene dwarf who is approximately 37 years old, stripped him down, cleaned him up and gave him a mantic AD metal helmet topper to make him fit in a little bit. He’ll probably be a slave driver in the army.

Also a couple more themed objective markers as little presents for my opponents

12 Likes

I’m working on my first hellfane, a stolen steel behemoth

12 Likes

The stolen hellfane has received a suped up engine, chimneys and some penants

9 Likes

Gotta have penants!

1 Like

I’m converting up the troop of ba’su’sus vile brood, so they need a Ba’su’san to lead them

10 Likes

And the vile brood for her to lead

14 Likes

A berserker troop made from Loka figures

13 Likes

Impressive!

1 Like

Something has gone very badly wrong, these appear to be black souls!

15 Likes