Nav's Tuatha De Danann Mythological War Host: The Herd

This is really very neat! I especially admire the raven’s wings, and the Morrigan conversion.

2 Likes

many thanks @Telchar

9 Likes

The Greater Earth Elemental for my Herd army is now complete. A propper gnarly titan rather than the pile of rocks you usually get

9 Likes

After i added a club , which brings the model height to 11" /28cm , and after painted up the creeping vines on it, plus a dry brushing of bubonic brown and dose of Agrax Earthshade to bring out the barks etc. i’ve still to add a few touches to finish it off.

9 Likes

Leaves added to the vines on the club and forearm

7 Likes

A murder of crows: The Herd Woodland critters

9 Likes

Nice - where are the birdies from? Seen some 3d printable crows etc that I get get via local store, but always on the look out for alternatives

1 Like

many thanks. the crows are from Dead Man’s Hand made by Great escape games. i got them through North Star

1 Like

When I first thought about using a herd of cattle in my Mythological’De Danann’Herd army, I’d considered them for Minotaur chariots, but I ended up using Celtic chariots for that, so I have decided to use them as Centaur Bray Striders instead… Although I will need to order another couple of sets to make a full regiment of them. … still, looking good so far. I didn’t want to commit to too many until I knew what size they actually were.

7 Likes

Congrats! @Nav Your cool project appears in the newest Community Update by @SteveDeathByDragons!

4 Likes

oh wow ! Fame at last :wink: cool

4 Likes

Well deserved, so!

1 Like

Many thanks @KptKeno

it’s you offa the telly!

1 Like

Yer, yer. Nav.
I was a fan before he was famous😄

3 Likes

Haha. Yes well deserved recognition :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Nice one Nav. :+1:

1 Like

Two more units done: a regiment of Gur panther- warhounds (i’ll add a few more hounds at some later point to get a decent pack effect) and a troop of Tribal Trappers- slingers,

8 Likes

The hill fort diarama of my combined Herd army is coming together nicely! i’m still painting the last 30 models for a couple of units of Spearmen and Spirit walkers, and have a final box of Dark Age Irish on order plus more cattle, but so far its close to 3500 points of painted army

3 Likes