Nav's Tuatha De Danann Mythological War Host: The Herd

most likely…it’s been a while since i’ve seen one.

Cool.

They had flying ships in comics. Is there any reference in legends of that or it is just Pat Mills imagination?

And more important, will you add Slaine in your force? Or maybe warriors with warp spasm?

1 Like

@ThaneBobo. The Tuatha De Danann were said to have arrived on flying ships, landing on the summit of Sliamh An Iarannn, in North West Ireland… Leitrim… which coencidentally, i could see the mountain out of my back window , if some idiot hadnt planted a forestry in the way…it is only a couple of miles away and i live at the foot of it.
i might add some warp spasm warriors as Werewolves, as shapeshifting is common in Iris mythology.

1 Like

7 Likes

For my third druid, I wanted him to represent a Gladewalker Druid, so I mounted him on a suitable ‘Forest Steed’

7 Likes

i’m adding a billowig cloak to the final druid, to add more motion to the model, and converting one of the three 'Boudicca ’ models into a Huntress; Tribal Tracker

i’ll have to admit defeat on plaid patterns on the clothing. My hand tremor would have to be set in concrete before it’d be steady enough to paint regimented squares/stripes, even when putting the model on the table, and painting with my good hand, random jerks ruin my best efforts to correct my best efforts to correct… still, it aint too bad, if viewed from across a tabletop

7 Likes

The Dun by the Ford, hill fort concept for my Mythological’De Danann’Herd army multiple base diarama is getting closer to completion

11 Likes

Absolutley stunning. Multibase heaven!

1 Like

many thanks @V-Dawg. One of the benefits of multibase in Kings of War is being able to tie the units of your army together, although paint scheme and banners can do this also. However, this multiple base diarama concept for my Herd army is nicely tying the individual units together… And will certainly help when transporting them too…I hope

1 Like

What might be fun, would be to start a battle with this as the set up formation, maybe as a defensive central position, with the opposition having set up in an encircling or two ends of the battlefield formation.

I love the work you have done with the diorama, really works well when the units are all assembled together, can’t wait to see the finished result.

1 Like

many thanks @Gringo

Tribal Trackeress, and Great Chieftainess on foot, to add to my HQ hero/heroine options

4 Likes

7 Likes

You, good sir, are a machine. Do you ever sleep or rest? :smiley:

2 Likes

hehehe, thanks @ThaneBobo, i even walked the dog twice a day AND mowed the back garden yesterday, plus spent a few hours finishing off bases, rebasing my Raven to fit in the fort, and made a base for the troop of Longhorns i’ve started work on next… but the rugby is about to start so modelling tools put aside now. i’m close to finishing my current batch, so will have to wait for new models before i can do much more after this.

2 Likes

A troop of ‘Dr Danann’ elite warriors, their high rank signified by their clothing colours, fine well crafted armour, weapons and gold trinkets. They will represent Longhorns in my Herd army, to go with the regiment I already have.

6 Likes

7 Likes

A rebased Giant Raven (Beast of Nature) to link it into the growing diarama and make it more stable with a heavier stone base

10 Likes