Nightstalkers & Twilight Kin

Voidtouched Mutants done.

6 Likes

Finished Impalers

5 Likes

Mindscreech 2 done.

So as part of a GW event they showed some upcoming releases, which included plastic mandrakes for Kill Team. I’d like the original metal scuplts and do think these might have mileage as heroes or wrangler handlers? The flesh style robes match the Impalers quite well

4 Likes

I really love your bases. I was going to do something similar myself. Did you use cork for the ground bits? Also what color did you use for the ground?

1 Like

Cheers.

Yeah, cork matting just broken up and cut to size.

It’s rakarth flesh, fleshtearer contrast and then blood for the blood god technical paint.

2 Likes

Thanks!

My mega army box gets here in a day! So I’m really hyped to start building. This is going to be my first KoW army.

What kind of grey did you use for the cork?

1 Like

Colour wise, think its mechanicum standard grey, dawnstone and celestra grey (as that’s usually my default over black!).

Sweet - having fun with the basing really makes KoW for me and i occasionally come up with a basing idea and then fit an army around it!

Quick hobby tip if you haven’t done mantic stuff before. Depending on the mega army it may not have much in the way of instructions (the newer ones/ambush sets do). Plastic kits will probably have letters/numbers on them which match up bits with a body/each other (L/R arm etc). With some it REALLY matters to get the correct bits (reaper legs in NS/TK set for example) if you don’t want to spend lots of time swearing!

For the resin models, which are usually straightforward but might not be if you just get a bag of bits, check this blog as he’s probably reviewed it with detailed building instructions!

1 Like

Finished building the Planar Apparition alternative - Krakon Games overlord model with a few NS bits.

4 Likes

Completed Planar Apparition alternative and a couple of assassins.

9 Likes

Horror (freebie that came with the overlord) and shot of the combined NS/TK to date.

7 Likes

Started kitbashing a few mounted summoner crones - gw doomfire warlocks/dark riders with mutant bits

3 Likes

4 Likes

Impaler Soulbane conversion (using old Abbadon sword) and the bits for a Phoebus Darkheart kitbash (not convinced the model is worth it, but its a fun little bits box raid project and can always use as a navigator on skiff)

8 Likes

4 Likes

Phoebus Darkheart finished and a collection of to do bits - slightly converted gw nighthaunt cavalry as soulflayers, mantic vault nameless gribbly as terror and various other things.

6 Likes

WiP soulflayers

7 Likes

Soulflayers: A very simple yet effective conversion :+1:

1 Like

I shamelessly copied it off another guy in a hobby chat, because it works!

1 Like

WiP soulbane on nightmare conversion and some finished stuff.

8 Likes

Wranglers and voidwalkers done. Next up Nameless Goliath as a terror, finish the soulbane heroes and converting some of the NA half elf berserkers into more voidwalkers.

10 Likes