Northern Alliance terrain

My first post here, so I thought I’d share some terrain pieces I’ve been working on over the last couple of weeks

6 Likes

4 Likes

dry stone walls from old sprues, plus a frog from the Naiads

insulation foam dolmen stone circle as trees are few and far between here to hide behind

3 Likes

6 Likes

Pencil and waste bits fencing, with otters from the Naiads sprue

Round house

made from some foam as the base and half of an old dog Ball for the roof, sprinkle with wood shavings for thatch

3 Likes

Wow, Id love to play on that table Nice work,

I want some Muskrats!

1 Like

Thanks Mike.

The river can be widened/shrunk, or turned to go across the battlefield with a pool/moat 2/3rd of the way along,

The other half of my board

1 Like

1 Like

I got green spray paint for my hedgerows and trees today, although it might be too dark. However it’ll give me a base to sponge lighter tones over it, and seal and firm up the moss I used for foliage

After a quick sponging with a lighter green poster paint

2 Likes

I even found a door handle, lamp and banner in my bitz box to decorate the frontage

5 Likes

I’ve decided to base the longhouse and build a stone walled garden area (sprues) around it and make a bit of a feature of it, so that’ll be this coming week’s project. i’ll cash in some Mantic points for the Dungeon Saga pack with the Innkeep and do etc. in it. i think they’d look great standing on the front porch

Work ongoing on the base of the Longhouse tavern , adding wall, hedging , a hitching rail, water trough, Alarm bell…“last orders please!” which i might yet stick a flag on the top of, front and back gate ect… i need to finish off the wall and put down gravel on the path and grass ect.

4 Likes

Those bits of chopped up sprue make surprisingly good stonework!

1 Like

Thanks MarkG they do don’t they, and i’m litterally throwing it on roughly, rather than laying brickwork with it as i did for my roundtower so it takes me longer to cut up the sprues than to lay the wall with them.
it still has to be painted and dry brushed yet too