Order of the Green Lady advice needed

Who needs firewood …

/Mikes watches his Dragon roast some of Bremer’s Woodland Critters for barbecue … yumm :yum:

Looking at your list i can already tell ya it’s probably a huge mistake not taking your invincible dragonkilling melee bowmen this time! :joy: :wink:

So, I have a few thoughts, in no particular order - if you’re still interested with the tournament cancelled :cry:.

I like putting the fancy hitting items on the Redemption knights - I might try that out myself. Maximum attacks for it work on at a lower cost than the horde. I would maybe suggest swapping Strength and Sharpness - that first CS point matters a lot more than the second one (which you only really need against D6), while Sharpness works equally well for everyone. But I haven’t tried it and I might be overlooking something… :face_with_monocle:

One thing I don’t really get though is how you have Order of the Forsaken, but not Pegasi? Surely the same models could work for both? Are they glued to a big multibase? It might actually be worth pinning them to the base but not gluing, so you can move them to individual bases at need. I’m really not very impressed by the Critters and Pegasi are worth their points in pure gold :grin:

The Forsaken also have a second problem I think, which is that your only flying Inspiring is the Green Lady, who really ought to be with the big front line. If they go off on their own to use their 20" Fly, they’re gonna be very vulnerable. At least, mine die constantly when I’m inattentive and move them away from the flying Redeemers who are supposed to inspire them - they’re a big, expensive unit and your opponent will deploy a lot of force to murder them given half a chance. If you keep the Lady with them, they either are stuck at the same speed as the rest of the cavalry, in which case a regiment of Redemption is just a lot better, or she’s only using her abilities on the Forsaken, and not on most of your army.

I also don’t really see the point of the Crystal Pendant on the Brotherhood regiment? If anything, it might be fun on the horde as, like Sceleris said, they take a LOT of killing and all those units will be hit by the blast. A regiment is a lot easier to evade/shoot/kill with only a single unit of your own.

I don’t really have an alternative list for you off the top of my head, but I hope these random musings might be helpful?

3 Likes

interesting thoughts. THanks.
So, there is another tournament upcoming. this time with the usual 2300 points. I will rework my list for that and looking forward to discuss it with you.

2 Likes

75 points left… what should i do with them?

Slow Grow Knights [2225 / 2300 (75 Remaining)]
~ List Valid ~

The Order of the Green Lady [2225]

Order of the Brotherhood (Cavalry) Regiment (10) [220]

• Vial of Sacred Water [5]
  • Blessing of the Gods [20]

Order of the Brotherhood (Cavalry) Horde (20) [400]

• Banner of the Green Lady [20]
  • Brew of Sharpness [45]

Order of Redemption* (Cavalry) Regiment (10) [280]

• Brew of Strength [30]

Order of Redemption* (Cavalry) Regiment (10) [270]

• Chant of Hate [20]

Order of the Forsaken (Large Cavalry) Horde (6) [275]

• Sir Jesse’s Boots of Striding [15]

Woodland Critters* (Swarm) Regiment (3) [80]

Exemplar Adjutant (Hero (Cavalry)) 1 [100]

• Horse Mount [25]
  • Lute of Insatiable Darkness [25]
  • Bane Chant (2)

Avatar of the Green Lady [1] (Hero (Infantry)) 1 [150]

• Heal (6) [0]

Champion of the Green Lady [1] (Hero (Cavalry)) 1 [210]

Oh and what do you think about replacing the Order of the Brotherhood Regiment with a Horde eqipped with brew of strengh and replace the forsaken with a horde of Men at Arms equipped with either the scrying gem or hammer of the measured force or brew of haste?

Shave 5pts off somewhere and squeeze a pegasus in?

The alternative build gives you more punch, but less mobility - so its a balance really and depends on how you play

1 Like

Still dont have pegs :slight_smile:

So i think i go with two Brotherhood hordes again but where do i put the brew of strenght. Either on the Horde of Men at Arms or on the second Knight Horde.

The Order of the Green Lady [2295]

Men-at-Arms Retainers (Infantry) Horde (40) [200]

• Hammer of Measured Force [20]

[Knights of the Realm] Order of the Brotherhood (Cavalry) Horde (20) [400]

• Banner of the Green Lady [20]
  • Brew of Sharpness [45]

[Knights of the Realm] Order of the Brotherhood (Cavalry) Horde (20) [375]

• Brew of Strength [40]

[Grail Knights] Order of Redemption* (Cavalry) Regiment (10) [270]

• Blessing of the Gods [20]

[Grail Knights] Order of Redemption* (Cavalry) Regiment (10) [270]

• Chant of Hate [20]

[Pommesman] Exemplar Adjutant (Hero (Cavalry)) 1 [100]

• Horse Mount [25]
  • Lute of Insatiable Darkness [25]
  • Bane Chant (2)

[Morgiana Le Fay] Avatar of the Green Lady [1] (Hero (Infantry)) 1 [150]

• Heal (6) [0]

[The Green Knight] Champion of the Green Lady [1] (Hero (Cavalry)) 1 [210]

1 Like

I strongly advise against the Men at Arms, certainly if you’re putting items on to the tune of 200 points. They just die way, way, way too fast for that (or maybe I’m just bad at using them). A regiment of knights will last you just as long or longer, hits a touch harder (7 instead of 6.25 hits average against D5), and is a lot more manoeuvrable. Especially since the MaA would be the only unit in the entire list that’s slower than Sp8, I think they’ll really slow you down and block your cavalry with their big frontage.

If you don’t have pegasi, I expect you also don’t have flying Beasts of Nature/Redeemers? Those are also really worth it.

For the 75 leftover points, how about a mounted Examplar of the Brotherhood. You can’t really go wrong with a cheap mounted hero to ruin enemy units’ room for manoeuvre…

well if i switch the M@A for a regiment of knights with vial of sacred water, i have exactly 5 points left for an item. Like the staying stone for example.

And i think you are right. i barely use infantry anyways so i might be better of with more knights.

List is submittet. We’ll see i i do without my flying cannon fooder aka Order of the Forsaken.

4 Likes

Best of Luck @bremer1701 ! May your battles go better than mine last weekend, but be just as much fun :wink:

1 Like

Good luck!

Well, tournament is over and it went absolutely terrible.
I got tabled in the first match, second match wasnt much better but i at least managed to kill something and in the last match i was the one stomping some night stlkers into the dirt.
I definately missed my Order of the Forsaken and will most likely try to field two again and will see how that goes. For that i will kick out Avatar and Champoin of the green Lady.

4 Likes

Aw, what a shame! What was the problem, you think?

If you’re dropping the Avatar and the Champion, I suppose you’ll also want to lose all the Sacred Water vials?

1 Like

That’s a pity! On the other hand, did you enjoy yourself’?

Can I interest you in a rematch in the Netherlands? It’s around a four hour drive and if you want, I could offer you a place to stay the night before and after. Moreover @Telchar will be there as well with his great Perry twins Brotherhood army.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Dordrecht ist to far away for a one day Tournament

I understand that! C ya around