Painting topic - Terrific Twenty-four

Knew you’d get that Dragon done way before I even get started on mine @Sceleris ! :clap: :sweat_smile: Awesome job, looks terrifying and matches the other mini’s style in your army very well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers @Mikes

It’s a fun model to paint, but I probably would really struggled to get it to work if I was doing it as a ‘dragon’ because of all the slightly discordant textures.

1 Like

Considering the models, and the art /lore, for the Twillight kin really offer the potential to focus on a “body horror” aesthetic, I think you’ve knocked it out of the park with the organic colour scheme here. It’s like David Cronenberg doing Dark Elves.

The Impalers’ shields in particular…

I prefer this colour scheme to Mantic’s actually, I think it shows the models off a little better. The Mantic ‘official’ models’ extensive use of purple does make me think of older Dark Elf ranges, and Forgotten Realms’ Drow, though, and maybe they were trying to evoke that.

2 Likes

Cheers mate.

In part, it was down to the fact that wanted the TK units to fit in with some existing NS stuff, which was quite heavily flesh/bone coloured. Blue, burgundy and black with some metallics provide enough contrast without going full old school dark elf/drow.

1 Like

Monthly check-in and catch-up

Another Regiment of Scarecrows. Planning on maybe another 3 so I have the option for 3 Regiments and 3 Hordes. I may look into multibase Legions in the far future. I have an idea but want to test out something with Rifthorror Weavers first.

Regiment of Ravegers. First time working with the new plastics and what an improvement from the old sculpts. More Ravagers and Butchers in the future for sure.

Goredrake. Officially the first model for my Twilight Kin. Really fun model to work with. Admittedly, wasn’t sure how the pink/turquoise transition was going to work with the wings but I’m pleased with the result. A Void Lurker is now on my future wishlist for when I finish off the Nightstalker pile-of-shame.

9 Likes

Great progress, the gradient is looking better and better. Nice to see it on the new releases!

2 Likes

Having revamped my Hrimm the Legend Ice Giant recently, i decided to give some time to my other Giant. One thing came to another, and somehow I’d created a demonic creature or a fire giant.

I still need more work on the wings

9 Likes

@nav, nice! Love the homunculus-way of building such a model!
@FutaManticore , your models are crisp as ever! The vibrant red/orrange really does pop!

I managed to complete my sharpstick horde (last minis needed a place) and I converted my own Magwa and Jo’os from the gobbo Ambush set:

as usual: all pictures (and many more others) can be found here:

9 Likes

Many thanks Vince, I’m loving the Smurf Gobbos , and that awesome fencing . I want that! There’s a lot of talk about 3d printers and i’m a bit of an old dog for new tricks, but if i had a 3d printer, I’d be making the round tusk and hide tents, and log cabins, log forts and baracades etc.
I also made my own Magwa and Jo’os as I wasn’t taken on the Mantic one

1 Like

It’s a 3d print STL file. If you want, I can dig up which one it is. I don’t have a 3d printer either, but my brother has and I can ask him to print stuff like this on a regular basis.

You’re across the pond from Europe, right? In that case, it’s not feasible to send 3d prints over. (this kinda defeats the purpose), but there’s plenty of print shops that print STL prints for you.

2 Likes

I’m in Ireland Vince, thanks.

1 Like

7 Likes

Only four cav left to do for the EOD component of my Sands starter set.

I have all my multi basing materials on standby. Ak sand paste, base ready sandy mix, cork for some elevation, wasteland tufts and a terrain primer spray.

Between the bases and the scenery still a bit of work to be done.

The ogres have been finished for a few weeks already.

10 Likes

Ogres. Might add some more tufts for colour contrast, in due course.

13 Likes

Those Ogres look sweet, @Rory

1 Like

WIP Sylvan Kin Master Huntress

5 Likes

Looking good so far Findol

1 Like

I combined my dungeon saga origins maw beasts with my marauder ones to make a troop for kow. Obviously they can also be used in firefight and in dungeon saga origins too! All magnetised

9 Likes

EOD from Sands set done.

10 Likes

Still work in progress, slowly adding detail, as busy real life permits. :wink:

Worked on the head/horns recently, but wings and belly still need lots of work!

7 Likes