Painting topic - Terrific Twenty-four

looking great

1 Like

Bloodworm legion done.

10 Likes

Disgusting! (In a good way😉)

2 Likes

These would fall into the ‘other games’ folder, but i’ll limit this to just the minimal post. I do have a KoW Mantic goblin army too, which i love just as much as these Night Goblins.

17 years on these miniatures are still a great unit to look at, or field. My NG archers and fanatics didn’t fare so well, having long ago been chopped up and reincarnated or sold on, My daughter who at the time was barely a teenager, if that, did a great painting job on them at the time, but it was time to freshen them up with some TLC. It’s a shame that the rest of the old Battle at Skull Pass box have mostly gone now. I do still have two of the trolls, two Dwarven barricades, and twenty spider riders, which will probably be my next painting mission. I’ve ordered the Gigantic Spider and some Forest Goblins which means Iwill have three Fantasy Goblin armies and a small anount of 40K Grots too, (which was where my NG archers went for a while.

6 Likes

I’m sometimes a little surprised how quickly multi-based models have started looking ‘normal’ to me.

When I started getting into KOW I had a bias that ranked-up units on a movement tray, and perhaps even a game process involving model removal, was the ‘default’, and multi-bases seemed like quite an ‘out there’ idea.

Now it’s nearly the other way around… When I look at a full model count unit, on individual bases, on a movement tray, it looks sort of unnatural to me. Of course it has more utility, for use in more than just KOW, but I think I’m really starting to appreciate the dramatic qualities of a multi-based unit, even if you’re like me and do quite basic terrain.

Of course there’s a nice element to not requiring full model counts, as well… I’m already ‘saving up’ the odd couple of models here and there that could potentially end up their own troop or give the ability to make a troop a regiment.

No judgement on what’s better or worse, just observing that what we find visually normal is quite contingent on our expectations and, in course, what we see on a daily basis.

7 Likes

I do both, depending on the army, but Multi-based is best for me. I have a hand tremor due to Parkinson’s which can be annoying, but mainly, i love the extra individuality and creativity of multi model basing.

2 Likes

I’m getting there with my giant (monster May?!)

Also I plan on using my very old goblin model as a maw pup launcher.

Had to use thick strimmer wire for the elasticated rope!

9 Likes

Butchers & Ravagers done.

6 Likes

Reapers and scarecrows also finished.

8 Likes

Still work in progress, but getting there … :slightly_smiling_face:

Front side still needs work, especially the wings. :wink:

8 Likes

9 Likes

More soulflayers

9 Likes

Nicely done @Sceleris as always. I love the dynamic pose on those Soulflayers, it’s like they are going to run off the base

1 Like

Missing varnish, basing and rider, but quite happy already with the how the resin head / restic horns kitbash looks now. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Giant and mawpup launcher stand in done! Both are models i have owned for about 25 years or more…

Not perfect, but done for now. Should really get back to the ogres i am meant to be doing… got some chariots to go next!

11 Likes

6k worth of Nightstalkers finished.

12 Likes

Congrats! That is a lot of gribblies. Bases look great all together like this :clap:

3 Likes

Calling it done finally :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Famous last words @Mikes . It looks great though.

1 Like

Thanks @Nav … speaking of the famous last words: I just did some really really final clean up and re-varnishing in some spots after the superglue dried … :laughing:

1 Like