Remy77077's Goblins (& Orcs!)

I’ve been a little while away from Goblin & Orc related stuff, I was painting up things that, whilst I could use them in KoW won’t really be numerous enough to be useful for KoW, and are more intended for other games.

Snuck in a few more Goblins just now though :smiley:
Obviously would be bolstering my existing Fleabag units for KoW!

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

13 Likes

looking really good

1 Like

Well it’s been a while… been painting other things for other games (could be used in KoW too but would need a LOT more of them!)… but back to a bit of Goblins now you’ll be pleased to know :wink:

Got a bunch of new stuff from MOM Miniatures, you’ve seen these guys before, and as mentioned, for KoW I would probably put these onto a Cav sized tray as a Mawbeast pack… but now I have more of them to fill out the tray size better :smiley:

Imgur

This is another guy that isn’t super useful for KoW sadly, but I can use him as a “filler” in various matching Goblin units ofc, or can fit onto a 50x50 square (I’ve got magnets for EVERYTHING now, hehe) for either Magwa or Kuzlo I guess too…

Imgur

12 Likes

sweet I love the old squig herd, I have a ton of them myself that will be forming mawbeast packs, and far too many hoppers that I once considered for mawbeast riders but will probably just be used to add variety to the packs. The bone colour scheme is very different and strikingly so when red is expected

1 Like

These are the MOM squigs? I’ve never seen them - so toothy!! Extra gribbly with that pale flesh :+1: And yea, that rider is probably headed for Kuzlo territory like 85% of the squig riders I’ve seen in KOW, tho if that’s a 40mm base maybe he could be a troll bruiser?

1 Like

Thank you, yeah, my colours are all based on actual cave fungi - I never liked the seemingly random red colour GW used to use!

1 Like

Yup! Well… I’ll never call them “Squigs” as I hate that name (outside of 40k where it belongs!) - definitely Gnashers or Mawbeasts to me! :smiley:
Or “Mushrooms” as MOM call them, translated at least:

They are indeed super toothy and weird. I really like them - could also be used as various kinds of Abyssals or Nightstalkers for KoW too I reckon :slight_smile: To me they really look like weird fungal mutations moreso than the older GW minis.

Yup 40mm base currently for the big boy, but it’s magnetised and I have “adaptor” bases for 50mm for KoW too, so very simple for me to rebase in just a few seconds if I want to!

1 Like

I think they were based on Teddy Ruxpin

2 Likes

:joy:

Oh! I finally opened my War in the Holds box too… but so far I have only used 2 arms from the Goblin sprue! (very useful arms tho! :wink: )

1 Like

I should buy one of those, but I’ve still not gotten around to doing anything with the two shadow’s in the north boxes

1 Like

Here’s my latest stuff :slight_smile:

The Brutgoth from Shieldwolf minis on a 75mm base so could be used as any suitable Titan in KoW really I reckon. In the crew has one GW Forest Goblin and also one 3D printed Forest Goblin and a few Mantic Goblin parts for the crew:

More phot​os on my flickr if you click through ofc :slight_smile:

Here’s a shot looking more at the crew for example:

I also painted up some of the Forest G​oblin characters I have :smiley:

15 Likes

What a fantastic army mate, I love it, especially that Brutgoth mini!

1 Like

Thank you, very kind of you! :smiley:

You know what, I really need a game of KoW soon!
If anyone reading this is local to Sheffield (UK) and wants to teach me how to play it (I have all the rules, and get the basics, I more mean the intricacies!) do get in touch.
I have a table and space at mine, and I’d classify myself as a medium covid risk overall (I’ve been to some pubs and things but still WFH and not out regularly at all, do lateral flow tests after any time I’ve been out too).

I’m working on some Trolls now :slight_smile:
These models are from Troll Soup and MOM Miniatures. I have some Mantic trolls too, but I will paint those differently to these.

DSC_0466 by Remy77077 (Agoners), on Flickr

9 Likes

Wow I’ve not been here in a while :open_mouth:

Still didn’t get any KoW games in 2021 sadly.

However I DID get those Trolls finished:

Imgur

Also, here’s a shot of everything I painted in 2021 :smiley:
Lots of non-OnG stuff which is partly why I’ve not updated this thread so much, especially since many of these are aimed purely for The 9th Age Essence of War which I help write the rules for :slight_smile: But that means these smaller units aren’t very relevant for KoW ofc unfortunately!

Imgur

9 Likes

Here’s something else I’ve been up to… if you’re a fan of Goblins you’ll find this one very interesting I reckon! (& if you like OnG and aren’t subscribed to Collecting Green blog already, why not!!! :smiley: )

1 Like

Sweet Gobboes @Remy77077 I loved the old Spider riders and Night Goblins from The Battle of Skull Pass, and still have a decent amount of them. Technically, i have 2 goblin armies, one Mantic, and the other old GW

1 Like

Cheers Nav! I have those old minis too (and much older as you can see!) , although this series will be focusing on “Common” Goblins so I won’t be covering those… however, Mantic… you might see coming up! :wink:

1 Like

My Goblin series is continuing btw… up to reviewing Mantic now :smiley:

3 Likes