Riverguard treeleapers

Selling yourself short! The leapers themselves look great, and they interact really well with the base.

Could be. They will look better in mass when my paintjob will multiply. I do not paint as much as I used to so shortcuts are a thing.

I am sure the overall effect will be great and fun to Play with. 9 models left to paint…

2 Likes

Close up of a painted rivergurd.

7 Likes

Nice! Did you use a semi-gloss varnish for the frog skin?

It is satin but not yet fully dry. But yes. I did use varnish. Matt is not a protective one so I use satin on metal models.

I normally never use varnish, except for effect. The glossy, wet shine on the frog skin is really cool!

1 Like

Depends on what You paint. Plastic need no varnish in most cases. Metal models do. I also varnish PVC as paint does not stick thst well. And models like Giant are heavy and moving him damages the paintjob.

Yes, single metal monsters get some varnish, but I don’t put varnish on multibases units even if they are metal or partly metal. They are so easy to handle without touching any metal parts.

1 Like

Oh for sure. Multibase are great to keep damage away from minis.

I think the satin finish do work for models and I pit a satin cost for my dambusters too.

1 Like

As I said, the effect looks great on your frogs. I’m eager to see the whole unit.

…and the Dambusters of course.

1 Like

Oh Dambusters are ready. Did my first horde late 2019! Second (2 regiments) one in first half of 2020… Sadly I Rarely use a horde. Regiments did see some play.

10 Likes

Dry fitting first 2 raws. 5 models left to paint. Already on a workshop.

11 Likes

Lookin great man, super dynamic base!

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Amazing stuff going on in here!

1 Like

Models are painted. Now time to add static and some leaves.

8 Likes

Aaaallmost there.

9 Likes

Love em :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Done. I have a troop in mind too so keep an eye on that project. BTW… I wonder should I paint them green?

6 Likes

7 Likes