September Spring! - Painting Topic

My imagination has them running up en mass, and going ‘ah crap water!’ At the last minute, before crashing to a halt.

Look good, and I look forward to seeing them in real life soon enough.

2 Likes

Using this as one of the named Elohi Basilean characters. Think it works.

Should have it painted by next week.

12 Likes

15 Likes

Halfling army so far - about 6 weeks work

17 Likes

you’re gonna be so ready when that beta list drops!

3 Likes

Probably “oh sh*t, I’ve got to paint HOW many more halflings for a 2300 list!”

7 Likes

Wow @Sceleris , I am again completely amazed by how quickly you get whole armies not just painted but painted so they look great! :smiley:

Would love to see those Halflings on the gaming table! :grinning:

3 Likes

What is your secret?

6 weeks for all that, damn… and I thought I was fast!

1 Like

Painted up a 2nd Mage to use at the upcoming tournament.

Not a Mantic model, but from Otherworld. Picked it because it fits perfectly with the Mantic Elves size wise. Just don’t really like the face they put on there … or maybe that’s just my painting. :sweat_smile: But oh well, he’ll serve as a 2nd Mage in a pinch, until I get around to painting that mounted mage.

Now back to Drakons :smiley:

12 Likes

I actually really like the face @Mikesz. It has that arrogant elf look, and the way you have him staring down his nose makes him look very annoyed, like someone’s been touching his stuff or made an etiquette faux par!

3 Likes

Haha, thanks @MechaSturgeon ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ll make sure to position him correctly to stare down his nose at my oponent whenever he’s on the field! :wink:

Still doesn’t really fit the other faces in my army (his face is just a tad too large), but at least the overall model size matches.

1 Like

Wet pallet, blending, edge highlights, layering, painting eyes - all techniques I don’t use :wink:

Pretty much everything gets undercoated black, drybrushed various shades of brown, base colours/contrast, earthshade wash and tidy up with a bit if drushbrush highlights

5 Likes

Haha a man after my own heart! I’m a spray coloured primers, paint the extra details, then slap on watered down liquid talent (army painter soft tone).

Gets the job done. :grin:

3 Likes

Yep - hence why I paint armies not individual models!

3 Likes

@Sceleris , i spray paint in white/blue or whatever, depending on the model, then some base layering, a little touch up and a wash, then maybe a bit of dry brushing or basic highlighting, and maybe a second wash but i usuallt keep it fairly simple, although some models demand a little wet pallet or blending or sponging , but very old school

5 Likes

Krudger on chariot!

19 Likes

He’s particularly nice Fred! Love the use of the old school savage orc

1 Like

Presenting the reminder why I hate metal models
Berserker Lord (Avatars of War)

12 Likes

Finishing up my first horde of grotesques

24 Likes

They certainly fit the name!

I’m just slightly glad that they are in the AD list, rather than your nightstalker one, as these on bases with eyes would be freaky :wink:

3 Likes