Sturgeon’s Elves

To kickstart 2022 and chip away at my resolutions, I present 3 hordes of forest shamblers!

These count as multibaseing my elves and having 2,000pts of painted forces of nature!

11 Likes

You have to spill on the stuff you use for basing. Looks so realistic!

2 Likes

Stunning work on both the models and the bases

1 Like

No secrets here @DreadNort!

Static grass: Hornby scatter grass spring meadow 2.5mm
Fallen trees: painted sticks from the garden
“Dirt”: Old GW basing “sand”
Rocks: painted slate
Shrubs: gamers grass green shrubs
Flowers: gamers grass white, red, and yellow wild flowers
Tufts: mix of gamers grass strong green and green 6mm, 4mm, and “tiny” tufts

I really like gamers grass products! I think the “secret” to them is using different size grasses and shrubs.
I also “splodge” on the static grass with tweezers to get good coverage. This works for the wild glade look I’m going for.

4 Likes

Thanks! I think it’s the combination and variety you use that creates the realism.

1 Like

I really do love the color scheme on your not-Sylvaneth, very striking and well executed. Awesome bases as noted :wink:

1 Like

Well that was stressful!

Minimal damage (although still damage) to some hooves, but it got done!

6 Likes

Alright, the stormwind are all nice and cozy on their new multibase.

Next up is some silverbreeze (first elf minis I painted almost a life time ago!).

15 Likes

Finished putting the silver breeze on a multibase. Took a little longer than I thought they would, but I think they look nice.

As I mentioned before, these are some of my first painted minis. I had to touch up some of the paint (I had missed a few things like the horse teeth) but decided not to get too carried away and left them mostly as is.

17 Likes

So prior to these first minis were you a fine artist working on the sisteen chapel or similar? :grinning:

These are so good! And the style is spot on for nostalgic WHF from the mid 90s!

2 Likes

Thanks @screamingaddabs!

These were some of my first, definitely not my first!

I think I had painted around 15 bretonian knights and 30 or so M@A (painted in my late teens) before these guys (painted early 20s). Before that I just played with unpainted minis. I’ve never actually played a game with a painted force. I’m yet to play my first game of KoW!

I guess I can say they were the first elves I painted?

11 Likes

They are all outstandingly good. Very “traditional” in style, in the very best way. I’m very jealous!

2 Likes

Horde of palace guard ready for battle!

Next on the list is a horde of sea guard.

22 Likes

They look stunning!
btw: hoard edited to horde.

1 Like

Thanks Fred!

Although they mean different things, I think both words could work here :sweat_smile:

My painting has been a little lacklustre over the past few weeks. I blame work (went on conference), total war warhammer 3 (go chaos), and CK3 (royal court expansion).

I have managed to paint a table though!

7 Likes

Slowly but surely!

7 Likes

Not finished yet, but these guys already look intimidating!

13 Likes

They do, the dude in front is ready for action and then some!

1 Like

The seaguard horde is finished!

All that’s left to do now is 2 regiments of palace guard and 2 more regiments of seaguard. Then all my minis are multibased!

18 Likes