Super September- painting topic

@Sceleris … your 4th Army! :astonished: :rofl: I didn’t keep count! 4 Armies, oh my, now that’s an achievement!

@Niall78 I’m hearing ya! The Undead went pretty quick as well, but the Elves take forever! I still have the plastic Stormwind in my lineup as well so I’m really looking forward to seeing how yours turn out! :slight_smile:

I went Vallejo Game Colour Dark Green for the cloaks - needs about twenty coats to get a base. Using ink to add more pigment but it is a nightmare.

To add to the problems I wanted the horses to be white. Currently scouring the internet for tips on painting white horses. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Niall78 - In reality, most horses are not actually white, but various shades of light grey , though the albino looking Welsh mountain pony i owned might argue that point… although she did have a stubborn streak in her LOL. Ironically, ‘Grey’ foals can be born any colour, but change to full grey after a few months.

A white base coat with a light grey wash might work, but make sure to add some darker grey around the muzzle, (or pink in an albino’s case) As for dappling, that can be tricky. Perhaps tiny dots of PVA on the base coat so the wash will not sick in those spots.

Thanks Nav.

My elf horse will be white! Well a grey-white.

I spent a few years painting American War of Independence and Seven Years War armies and like you say the ‘white’ horses the musicians ride in horse regiments are grey in reality.

Think a white top highlight would look good though. I’m actually trying for a more unrealistic style after a few years doing historical and hard sci-fi.

1 Like

looking forward to seeing them. i’d painted some horse marauder clansmen once a few years ago-sweet models, but i’d opted for duns and bay coloured horses

Just finished my Monolith with sacrificial altar, hopefully it looks quite sinister.

Will put a how to on my Youtube channel.

6 Likes

Life has become insanely crazy last two months, but today I took a few hours off and painted a gobbo biggit for vanguard/dnd.

3 Likes

Magus conclaves and some repurposed ‘elves’

9 Likes

Wow!
There are really great projects going on. So motivating.

I’ve been working hard on two new projects. BrotherMark and The Herd added on to my Atlantean theme.

For Brothermark I’m making the army to match my Order of the Green Lady Atlantean project, and I figured I could make it work with The Herd as well. But for the Treekin I wanted something unique for their home landscape, Floading islands.

I posted a thread for the project today for the Herd project, but here is how it’s going.

The Brothermark list is using my Bretonnia models. Followed by a collection so far for the project I started in July.

15 Likes

Finished off some frostfang

9 Likes

Army so far - all done since beginning of June.

10 Likes

Fantastic stuff there.

A regiment of Dwarfs with two handed weapons to augment my Northern Alliance army

4 Likes

Not many miniatures painted lately but I did sand and paint my ‘new’ storage solution.

My undead army packed away:

My Goblin:

American War of Independence and Test of Honour miniatures:

Battletech and the start of my Nature/Elf force:

I love KoW but Battletech is my forever game - you might glimpse nearly every book ever printed sitting on my new storage:

I also cleaned out the parents attic over the last month and found all my 1st and 2nd edition 40K stuff (the painting on the miniatures is rank - old oil based Humbrol paints for anyone old enough to remember that horror) :

Delighted to get a piece of furniture like this - had my eye out for the last few years. Back to the elves now I hope.

11 Likes

Dear Lord do I remember the Humbrol paints… Not that I care to.

Lovely cabinet there, very handy and elegant solution!

That last picture is pure nostalgia, a few gateway games there. Those Humbrol paints were dire.

Nice storage solution.

1 Like

Lovely! It’s always great to have all your hobby stuff in one place!

In a completely unrelated matter, I updated the thread name. It’s now Super September!

6 Likes

Hello!

Apologies for not being active these days. It seems that @Vince renamed the topic accordingly for September :slight_smile: Thank you!

As per the request, I will restart this painting adventure from October with a new topic for easier navigation. In the meantime, keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First of the September stuff done - couple of magus & a mounted sons troop.

4 Likes

Hi @Swordmaster! No apologies needed, but good to hear from ya! Hope everything is well and time for the hobby will return :slight_smile: Had quite a few diversions from the hobby myself lately with my fiancee … but I’m not complaining :laughing:

1 Like