Super September- painting topic

Reminds me of the Lost Boys quote " Holy sh*t! It’s the attack of Eddie Munster" :wink:

Thank you, I was a bit worried about that part since it was one of the first times using my wet pallet but it turned out ok.
Thinking back i should add a bit more water in the future.

Yeah i was a bit worried but was willing to give them a chance after hearing they improved.
I actually had a old model of them i didn’t finish fixing.
Might as well show a comparison pic.

Old Norba

New Norba

Also thank you for the kind words

4 Likes

Undead Warband coming along slowly but steadily :slight_smile:

I’ll paint up some support and large models up next to make it a full 200 pts, so I can play with a friend occasionally, then finally go back to the march to 2000pts with my Elves most likely.

Maybe some victory objectives and terrain for Vanguard as well, although I do have some ready made stuff already.

5 Likes

Silverbreeze done, plus bases for a couple of bigger units …

5 Likes

And finished the drakon horde.

7 Likes

Slowly adding to my Ancient Indian army during my weekend painting sessions. During the week I do my clients figures.

6 Likes

Next couple of bits for the sylvan kin.

7 Likes

Stop tempting me to make Oathmark Elves my 5th Kings of War force :wink:

Really nice stuff!

1 Like

Cheers - they do nice stuff and fit well with the Fireforge stuff to cover the cavalry.

Really nice stuff @Sceleris!!! :grin: I’m still bogged down with work and didnt make progress with the Elves … but finished another 2 Undead, which makes the Warband almost complete.

Wraith Support finished … Large Model still in progresss …

3 Likes

Not looking too shabby so far. Few bits left to do then will swap to painting Varangur. Will pick up some Oathmark light elves and some more knights at a later date.

9 Likes

Just about to finish my Undead Warband now, Revenants are done and the big guy just needs varnish and some basing work, yay :grin:

I’ll post full Warband pictures once everything is done.

Now back to Elves finally! :grin:

5 Likes

Going to paint some Orc Skulk Outriders! Plus two Skulk Heroes.

3 Likes

I finally finished the first unit of 5th Ed Bretonnian archers. Only took me 25 years! LOL.

The main thing I liked here was the bows. I ended up using an #005 brown Micron pen to draw in some fine wood grain lines, and then an ultra-thin tan glaze to blend it in. I really liked the results and am going to play around more with that approach. It’s subtle but really does make the models more visually interesting for some modest effort.

7 Likes

Awesome. I remember those from the 5th ed starter box. :slight_smile:

Yup! And I still have an insane number of those goofy Lizardmen, too. I wish that Salamanders w/ Shields were better in KoW :confused:

First couple of draugr units turned out OK.

9 Likes

And the Undead Warband is complete finally :grin:

I’ll post some more pics tomorrow!

9 Likes

Loving the work put up lately. Lots of inspiration.

The goblins continue. Spear regiment three and four completed and two more war machines sorted.

Only two more rock lobbers left and I’ve ran out of goblins. Still looking for some centrepiece command, monster and magic special units. Any recommendations welcome.

Spear one:

Spear two:

On horde base:

War machines:

Loving the OathMark miniatures. Have bought the core of an Elf and Dwarf army. Elves are next on the painting table.

Still have banners and bases to finish on the goblins. Filled, sanded and painted the extra horde and regiment trays last night. Need to tart up the snow bases with extras but not sure what to do yet.

6 Likes