Sword of September - painting topic

It is a fine Giant miniature, and you have certainly done it justice. Bravo!

3 Likes

Thanks @Nav i appreciate the compliment

1 Like

Waiting for the wash to dry before final touch up, but looking good so far me thinks

15 Likes

Painted one of the excellent Svartwood Trolls by Artisan Guild last week when I was bored on a rainy day. Hypothetically there’s an army lurking behind this test troll, but I’ve so far printed all the cool stuff and not the many, many grunts :face_in_clouds:

This picture doesn’t show how BIG this dude is - he barely fits on a 40mm! Anyway, almost entirely contrast paint, including the new Gutrippa green, which turned out great once washed with strong tone.

EDIT: And yea, it’s a pretty gnarly low res print but that makes me all the happier with how it turned out :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Love the tortoise! :wink:

1 Like

many thanks @Sceleris

That Troll looks sweet @Boss_Salvage

1 Like

That troll looks great.
Reminiscent of a Warcraft troll, so hits right in the nostalgia.

3 Likes

Happy to hear that got through :wink: Wonder if the sculptor was channeling that too

2 Likes

Not newly finished (have 60 berserkers and some cavalry on the painting table), but piccy of my halflings that may finally see some competitive action (toss up between them and undead) next month

11 Likes

Working on the skin tone for my Soul Reaver Cav.

10 Likes

Those halflings look fabulous @Sceleris

1 Like

I am, this evening, playing some 6th edition, much though my preference would be KoW. Nevertheless, game time is game time. I’ve a couple of possible armies, but went with my Orcs and Goblins, they being the most unloved, and in need of attention, and say what they will, Orcs and Goblin forces were more fun back in 6th. As someone who relishes a bit of chaos, you can’t be far wrong with random chaos than a O&G army. Yesterday, I put aside my current Britons and Romans projects and dug the Green guys out, and gave them as much TLC as possible at such short notice. The force is mainly Savage Orc,(Orruk) with some older Ork and Orc models and Night Goblins dating back to The Battle for Skull Pass. Given that I’m facing Elves, my gobboes will be sidelined. Given the amount of changes from square bases to AoS round bases and converted to 40k retrograde Ork army and back again, i’m somewhat in awe of how good they are, or could be, with a couple of days work to touch up and put decent bases on them.
If i didn’t have 80 Britons and 100 or so Romans on my Battlefield/workroom to build and paint, plus touching up on my 120 or so Celts i already have completed, i’d be tempted to start redoing the Orcs, and then attack my first Mantic army, My Northern Alliance as i know i could do better now.

1 Like

@Nav have fun :slight_smile: hope u win. I like how you said orc & goblin, I kinda wish they were never split. As i’ve stated before i miss whfb 3ed and a greenskin is a greenskin… orc, troll, goblin or snotling :grin: (hobgoblins are NOT included haha)

1 Like

Many thanks @ClosetPainter , you forgot the jolly green giant :slight_smile: yes indeed Orcs &Goblins together is a great blend of totally off the wall batsh1t crazy that can potentially win spectatularly, or lose equally spectacularly, but either way, you have fun doing it.
They may have never been competative, at tournement level, but the joy in seeing some cheese-hugging Vampire count that has been overkilling all day, suddenly get turned into a squig thanks to Wurrag Ud Ura Zahubu’s BoneWood staff’s bound spell, is priceless.
You may not often field the crazy Orc spellcaster who is overkill and being a greenskin, priced accordingly, but sometimes karma just needs a helping hand or a nudge in the right direction.

2 Likes

I finalised my horde! It’s the previously mentioned regiment plus a 2nd one!

14 Likes

Looks great Vince! The yellow pops nicely alongside the blue. Hordes are so much fun to make. So much room to do stuff.

1 Like

Gladestalkers regiment #2 nearly there.
Still gotta paint the base, add the waterfall, and add foliage.

11 Likes

Absolutely awesome @Vince! Great highlighting and contrast. Blue looks really great on those Gobbos too! :smiley:

1 Like

No new goblins these days. My bits box is full of other “random” projects. One of these are my dungeon saga custom heroines (and heroes these days). I created a custom verion of the game to play with my 6 year old daughter.

This means I can paint up models in very “primal” colours, almost cartooney.
Here’s my new heroes:

I did a few before:

11a

It’s great fun!

11 Likes