Sword of September - painting topic

I’m loving the effort you have put into that scenic base @Findol, nicely done. One thing that pops out though that you might consider is the ‘footprints’. Some of them are brown, and they look more relistic, like the miniature really belongs in the scene, but others are blue. As you said it is nearly there, so do you plan to paint those blue footprints brown?

Don’t the Goblins get superheroes/supervillains, @Vince ? A brave goblin that risks life and limb to protect the weaker members of his/her society against those nasty adventurers who end up attacking their home after a night out in the village inn, and some meddlesome busy body hiring them to root out the goblins from the dungeon complex a few miles out of town. Curse those meddlesome old wise men and their pipes and gold coins. No one wanted the dungeon, but no… they can’t live and let live. Have they never heard of squatters rights?

I know… I was treading water at the ‘protecting the weaker members of society’ bit, but hopefully i pushed on through and got you passed that most unlikely characteristic for a goblin. The gods know it is hard enough for goblins to find a pair of clean red knickers that fit, to wear outside of their normal clothes… and lord knows, when was the last time you saw a phone box to change costumes in, within a dungeon complex

1 Like

Yes there is still a bunch of work to be done there, good catch Nav🙂. The minis in the shot we’re blue tacked on to give me a sense of where they could all fit. They’ve since been removed and the base primed and partway through the drybrushing.

1 Like

ahh that makes sense now Findol. i thought the blue bits looked a bit blobby

If you’ve been wondering why there hasn’t been a final picture of that Tree Herder I’ve been working on … I’m still painting … one leaf at a time! :rofl: (Okay, maybe 2 or 3 at a time …)

But, finally getting there, only the left arm and the base needs to be finished, then I can start varnishing. :upside_down_face:

Now back to leaf painting hell … :astonished:

11 Likes

I hadn’t realized that it was a bonzai tree @Mikes … seriously though it looks great.

1 Like

Thanks @Nav ! Been over a Month since I started painting that one and glad to finally be getting close. Will still be a while though! :slight_smile:

Dang bonzai tree! :rofl: (“Banzai! Tree” once it hits the table! :wink: )

1 Like

Any mushrooms on it? Or is it just hiding some truffles in its roots

oh wait, yes the mushrooms are there. my bad

1 Like

Lolz!

But sadly, it canno be as the goblins which are not currently on a multibase fill the role of vilains in my game. It’s easy and I have plenty laying around. Moreover, it’s more kiddy-proof than using my war cry undead which would be my alternative. The regular dungeon saga undead remain unpainted for now, so these are definately out!

3 Likes

Painting Britons/Celts from my Hail Caesar box, and spotted this one. Something about the pose struck me as familiar. I got distracted so had to develop what was there. We will call him Fred, or Freddie to his fans. All those centuries ago, he stands, strutting about, singing his heart out in the field inGlastonbury, as any true bard would to motivate the natives before they face the Romans. His mates think he’s a bit odd, but blessed by the Gods, so let him do his thing. It might be a good omen. Can you guess what he’d be singing? We are the Champions… Who wants to live forever… Fat Bottomed Girls…In the Lap of the Gods… Don’t Lose your head…Keep Yourself Alive…Kind of Magic… so many appropriate songs about the Roman Invasion. He must surely be blessed by the Gods.

6 Likes

All Dead, All Dead

2 Likes

Hammer to fall.

1 Like

I didn’t know that track, good choice @Gerrcinn

1 Like

an excellent choice @coOk_pAss_BaBtridge

1 Like

Ogre battle!

I’ve got my last four (for the moment ) Dwarf regiments completed since my last update.

First up two regiments of rangers:

First one:

Second one:

Avatars of War Dwarf Ranger kit. Good fun to paint. Bit of a pain to construct but nothing as mind wrecking as the Kings Guard kit. Detail on these kits is great.

Next up two regiments of berserkers:

Regiment one:

Regiment two:

Avatars of War Dwarf Beserker kit. Best of all the AoW plastic Dwarf kits. Fun to make and great to paint.

Nearly done with Dwarfs for a while. Six more command to go then onto Halflings.

Dwarf army quick grab shot:

Went a bit mad with Dwarfs. Eighteen regiments of foot. :rofl:

Still need a couple of regiments of crossbow or bow and want a couple of regiments of miners though. :crazy_face:

Keep all your updates coming everyone. It’s great inspiration seeing people work though their projects.

17 Likes

Nice! Love the vibrant orange🍊

1 Like

Wow, awesome dwarfs

1 Like

I’m not the only person who is mad!!

These look great bud

2 Likes

Hello!

We had “Hammer”, we had “Anvil”, I guess it is time for “Sword”! :slight_smile:

Not sure what type of unit would people consider as such but I like swords (surprise, surprise!).

So, the updated name of a topic is going to be “Sword of September”. As always, feel free to post any updates on any projects you are currently working on.

Cheers!

5 Likes