Third edition Rumours part 2

Is the forum struggling?
Does it need more support?

Again. Itā€™s not about how good or bad it is for any particular army. Itā€™s not about moaning till your army gets buffs.

Itā€™s about the whole game working and all the armies being viable. Mantic hasnā€™t given us a real reason to worry about that. No one is losing all their games because their army sucks, but will totally be better after the new army book.

1 Like

Its at about $20 of its $50 month upkeep goal. So trying to get the word out. Not directed at you. I just want to add it to my posts once in awhile so people are aware.

You can call it whatever you like. Go ahead and downplay and belittle people who want to improve the game with your phrases of " treats " and " moaning ".
The game evolves. The RC are not omnipotent. Thats why we kept having a rules annual COK to adjust thingsā€¦and now a 3rd edition.
As i said more than once, things may be entirely different once all the rules and lists are out.

I think I will just agree to disagree.

Thatā€™s not good, thanks for letting us know. I have been assuming that itā€™s fine since I didnā€™t notice a post about it till now.

1 Like

I just backed it today. Figured that I wonā€™t even notice $1 a month, but I would certainly notice this forum shutting down.

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s a large part of the problem, people just are not aware to chip in 50 cents or $1 month or whatever they can.

I tried a ā€œmessage allā€ function now with the info. Dont know if it worked. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Worked for me. I got 2 messages- the general message and the " ignore if you already support" message.

3 Likes

Elves then Nightstalkers this week.
Nerf those pointy eared bastards!! :grinning:

1 Like

Did we get an artifact last week?

Dwarf Brocks- too powerful. Must nerf!
Elf Drakon riders- nahā€¦they are good!
In fact, lets give Elves a De5+ unit and Palace Guard Hordesā€¦
Yeah.

Going irregular and losing nimble is definitely a downwards adjustment. The shield elves are somewhat puzzling, but that palace guard horde is going to wreck. It had better, for that cost!

2 Likes

I spent quite a while this past Saturday night hearing about how borked Elves are, and even I, hater of Elves, was moved to some sympathy. Iā€™ll keep quiet for now, but prepare to hear a lot about Silverbreeze Cav, theyā€™re the clear winners of the list.

1 Like

Elves were a top tier list. From the preview, nothing is changing.
Drakons are still a very powerful unit.
The Elf list had a few weaknesses, those are gone.
De5 infantry & CS hordes.

Video link for completeness

1 Like

The artwork in the background is nice! Ruleswise, I canā€™t contribute anything. Guess Iā€™ll wait for the book and leave the hype and the hate to others.

I was trying to figure out where in the world is that ā€œsinkholeā€ is.

I think thatā€™s Therennia Adar (also known as Walldeep), just west of the Mountains of Alandar in Elvenholme (at least according to the map in the 2nd ed book). It would be where Therennian Sea Guard are from.

1 Like

Were Silverbreeze spoiled?? I noticed there were only 4 units in the videoā€¦
yep 3e%20silverbreeze

This is a game with good levels of broad balance. Certainly there are outliers, but small tweaks absolutely have noticeable impacts. Drakons go up 5 points, gain a unit strength, become irregular, and lose nimble. That last one is pretty huge, and has a very meaningful impact on their ability to create charge lanes AND pretty much shuts down the possibility of flying over their opponentā€™s line and threatening the back. Youā€™re left with a fast hammer, which is strong and all, but they very much lost utility.

5 Likes