Third edition Rumours

That detail in the northern alliance is already in the 2nd ed rulebook.

Pre-orders doesn’t mean actually getting the book. The book is not released until October.

Can I assume that multibasing with the Minimum- and Prefered Model Count and a unit’s footprint is still a thing?

There’d be a riot if they changed that one surely?

1 Like

Unless they radically change the way units function (which is extremely unlikely, based on the sneak previews we’ve seen of the rulebook), you can still multibase to your heart’s content :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see that they are adding units which I like. I just hope that if they are deleting any, that they post which ones so I don’t waste my time/money on buying/converting/painting them. It’s really my only fear as 3rd approaches.

1 Like

behold, the continent of Mantica on the world of pannithor
(was posted to twitter)
IMG_20190813_181118

sadly no larger resolution is available yet.

10 Likes

The KOW3 Podcast has an interview with Mantic’s Kyle Przelenski. Where he confirms (and understandably dodges some Third Edition Rumours!

Bonus Content #7 Kings of War Third Edition with Kyle Przelenski, Kings of War WorldWide (KOW3), the Podcast

4 Likes

I’m sure that there will be something else you can use the models as if units do get removed.
If the models resemble the stats (like ogre sized things being large infantry) then the base size will be the same .

A small preview of the Basileans from Master Crafted.

5 Likes

Upgrade to Phalanx you say? Very excited to see what this does for the Tallspears

Im betting Phalynx will give a bonus vs cavalry like dogs get. +1 Crush strength or something similar.

I hope its not just cav. It would push people to use large infantry and large cav instead.

I would love a better Phalanx rule or cheaper spear units. I have 2 hordes and a legion (historical) I can field. More infantry units on the battlefield the better, imho.

1 Like

So am I understanding correctly that the Aegis thingy is a one use upgrade that essentially heals one point of damage?

It gives “iron resolve” to the bearing unit.

The video says once per game it increases Iron Resolve from one to two… That equates to the upgrade healing a single point of damage in my view.

That’s how i see it. You can use Iron Resolve to regain 2 points instead of 1 point. One use.

Hmm, hopefully it’s free. Can’t see myself buying that, especially if Healing Brew is still a thing in 3rd. I will have to wait to see the whole thing in context.

I think its 5 points. Might be good if you have some odd points left over. We don’t know if Healing Brew will be around in 3rd or if it will be different. Just have to see.

1 Like