Third edition Rumours

I also wonder if Boomsticks hit always on 4+ or will it take cover penalty like BW attacks?

1 Like

I wonder if this means well see boomers moving away from a breath attack, like the boomer chariots. For the chariots there isn’t much difference other than they now potentially it on 6s.

1 Like

Sure seems like it. I like the goblin previews too! Snaggit seems awesome.

stinggit

4 Likes

I mean stinggit. The mincer mob seems improved too.
mincer-mob

2 Likes

I think the Mincer Mob is actually worse?

I.e. costs more and has fewer attaks. Troop size is interesting, 100x100 brick of attaks that doesn’t take an unlock. I think it’s curious they’re keeping single Mincers as monsters as well, makes for an interesting trade off (cheaper but costs an unlock + no items).

EDIT: Wow, I was totally backwards. Definitely better, fearless!

Wow! Cheaper and fearless? Amazing!

1 Like

Goblins seem to be getting a major backbone upgrade this edition. probably long overdue. (if anything this makes them closer to Tolkien’s Goblins/Small Orcs than the GW greenskins. which IMO is a good change.)

1 Like

Might help to get Goblins away from the gun line meta.

Ive heard Dwarves will have a regular list and "free dwarf " list for others to have as allies.
Also different types of Dwarf berserkers. ( Slayer lists?)

When is the next preview? Thursday or Friday? I hope its Dwarves. (good not Abbysal)

2 Likes

Thats facinating. These chariots are not irregular in ogres.

The boomer chariot got a buff to 13/15, and a smaller chariot can be picked. Interesting.

Breath 8 on the little chariot is about the same as a boomer Sgt. And he is 90 points currently. I dont see him going up much. 145 for a smaller chariot with 8 att hitting on 4+ on teh charge. not sure 2 wounds to the front is great, but will pin a dragon a turn. A boomer Sgt on a chariot would be hilarious. I would play the hell out of those.

Orges will like that new Strider item- if we can remember its a “Oneshot” “trigger it” item.

1 Like

The next preview is later today and it’s going to be northern alliance.

It’s not breath anymore but rather a boomstick with steady aim which means it can suffer from multiple penalties like cover and shooting at individuals etc. Seems like boomers will be toned down as a result. I’m very curious about the potshot rule for those reload shooters. I was thinking it allows you to still shoot after moving but at half attacks?

1 Like

Good catch, things like stealth will be useful against boomers if the change is rolled out to all bombers. Always struck me as odd that Ogres had some of the most reliable shooting in the game. This helps tone down their current prowess… which I imagine a lot of none Ogre players will be happy with.

From what we’ve seen so far, it looks as though shooting in general is having a bit of a tone down.

So it could be that relative to everything else, Boomers are still some of the best shooting in the game.

But we’re also seeing things like Pot Shot and Steady Aim spread around to help shooters stay mobile and tactically relevant, rather than sitting and shooting until disordered or dead. That’s pretty sweet.

1 Like

I really hope that KoM mounted scouts keep their ability to move and shoot without penalty. 7 attacks hitting on 5+ isn’t really game breaking. Going to hitting in 6+ if they move would be a slap in the face.

1 Like

Mounted Scouts are hardly an overpowered unit. Im sure they will get Steady Aim or something.

1 Like

DWARVES!!! no dwarves…:sweat:

Matt wants us to write it with the F apparantly :smiley:

1 Like