Third edition Rumours

Based on what has been leaked so far, 3rd edition is looking like it’s going to be about good play, subtle unit abilities, and combos/synergy. I, for one, am really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot of the unit slides. It appears to me the game is getting a “dynamics” upgrade.

Armies are going to have to use more core units and speciality units like chariots are going to be Irregular.

There are new mechanics to the game and shooting cannons and artillery is going to have a value in the game again, keeping monster armies in check.

I’m hoping there will be a more dynamic spell list and a little more access to some things. I really think the new Tome for example is a great idea to get some more fluidity in army building. I feel like the good shambling armies will see much use of that item because in V2 there just wasnt a price effective way to build a list for surging in an already “softer” army like nature.

I’ve been dying to play an Air elemental army and Im thinking items like this are going to make it function.

Im feeling the KoW3 is going bring a big amount of former WH players due to the some of the cleaner dynamics and more interesting army building. Its going to be simpler to play, but more dynamic and interesting.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Like the cover art!

1 Like

Brotherhood and the Rats. It will be interesting to see what The Brotherhood and Kingdoms of Men get in 3rd.

could be Brotherhood or Kingdoms of Men really. unless there is some iconography i missed.

Could be.
But the Uncharted Empires book had a story of The Brotherhood defending a fort vs the Ratkin
I’m interested to see how they change in 3rd.

I hadn’t seen this posted here but new rule that does effect the double ones. Also if you regenerate/heal/iron resolve the wounds under the rout value then the unit will no longer be devastated.

6 Likes

This will need to be updated after you give this a listen!

2 Likes

Matt Gilbert has told us that this is not the actual artwork used on the book, but a placeholder until the final commissioned artwork is completed.

1 Like

I really like the bit about half unit strength on Devastated units. That’s a fantastic addition!

it makes sense… even if the unit stands fast, it still would have lost plenty of men and would be less combat capable than a full unit.

I agree. It’s a very plausible simulation of losing men.

1 Like

Yes, KoW have often been criticized for a lack of simulation of losing models.
This change will at least cut the extreme end of this simulation dissonance.
The only question is, whether it justifies a new condition or something like “unit is wavering and can never recover” would have been enough.

1 Like
4 Likes

I wish Mantic would finally make some Ogre Siegebreakers.

Im hoping Dwarf preview comes soon.

3 Likes

My plan for my Ogres, when I finally get to them, was to do a heavy Hunters core, so game on :meat_on_bone:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Warrior Chariots still unlock! Sweet! Also that nerve (and attak) bump on the legion :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes