Trident Realms in 3.0

8 Likes

Those are looking great. I really hope they release some more sculpts, you’ve done a great job of mixing up the weapons but I’m way too lazy!

1 Like

I’ve never seen more than one Mantic Depth Horror, very cool to see a full painted regiment - and soon to be horde! Also +1 to Mantic making 2 more sculpts please.

Horde is almost done!

I hope Mantic will make full Dambuster and Depth horror units. Single heroes are ok and I can make units out of them but this is not a way for most gamers.

Also - PVC is ok but for mass battle resin is the better material.

1 Like

I really like Mantic Knucker model. Oh myy it is Perfect for the job. I was hesitant what colour to choose do I decided to use those of my wyrmrider Centurion wyrm. With small tweaks.

WIP.

13 Likes

12 Likes

they look fantastic, great work

1 Like

They are both marvelous! The one with the gold is a thing to behold, nd i love the dark wash on the scales to make them pop. Ironically, the other one beguiles with its more subtle delicate pallet, not screaming from the rooftops, and yet, still fantastic.

1 Like

Beautiful pale wyrm boy :white_heart:

1 Like

The other one is stealthy. That is why he is less gentle. I have used same colours. They also share the same highlight colour. I really like when Simple glaze is as effective as on those 2.

1 Like

Horrors and a knucker are painted. Now it is time to finish heartpiercers I started 2+ years ago. I will do them the same way I did my first regiment. As 2 troops.

Now question remains are Heartpiercers a good option under new CoK (2 regiments)?

Some Depth Horror pictures I took. Not the best shots but wanted to share those with You.

14 Likes

Hero support for heartpiercers.

I was thinking about few options:

• Stalker with Scythe or 10 point re-roll Item (105-110 pts),
  • Mythican with LB(3/5) (100/125 points)
  • Kyroqsh (140)

Shoter range options:

• Centurion with trident (140)
  • Sentinel on foot (135?)

What do You think? Or they need no extra support?

I really like the Centurion with the Trident of the Drowned Sea and the Scythe (or Axe of the Giant Slayer - it’s a toss up).

That is true. 6-8 attacks on 3+ (range) is solid and 155 is not THAT expensive.

What kind of support do you want? For more damage, I’d probably say just more Heartpiercers. Aquamage with Veil of Shadows? I’ve been running two Mythicans lately and I think they’re extremely good right now - inspiring, good combat stats, 15" threat range, can take spells. Put the Gnome-Glass shield on one and it becomes a super-tank for one turn. Really can’t go wrong as far as I’m concerned, though I haven’t been using Lightning Bolt.

1 Like

I was thinking more range damage.

Gnome is already on my Ineesha.

I think Centurion is a very good mythican alternative too. Shoter range but way more durable and Mighty!

More Heartpiercers… I saw 3 regiments in few games. Big investment but they can own a whole flank.

1 Like

I mean, I run four regiments :upside_down_face:

But I also made them at the end of 2E, when they had pathfinder and ensnare, so formed a more solid backbone to the army. In 3E they’re largely shooting pieces with some durability thanks to 13/15 Nv allowing that regen to kick off, but my favorite games with them are still when they play a larger role on the table.

As for support, I’m loving the trident Centurion but he really doesn’t interact with my Heartpiercers much. My bastion Envoy sometimes bumps them up and if I had an Aquamage they could veil for them … but let’s be real, both of those buffs I prefer to put on the Kraken.

1 Like

Four? That is a lot. I will try minę as a support piece. Few wounds here or there to allow my thuul and Horrors easier charges.

1 Like

New rulebook with CoK23 changes was annouced. What are your predictions about army changes?

Wyrmriders? Dambusters? Nokken?