Trogdors orcs

Thanks alot, everything is better green :sweat_smile::wink:
Actually the totem is from minimonsters.eu, didn’t know mom miniatures had orc scenery. Pretty cool scenery they have on their site.

2 Likes

Ahhh that’s the one. Yeah I have big list of stuff I want to get one day, and MiniMonsters scenery is definitely on it! :smiley: Thank you for explaining :slight_smile:

And yeah, I really like their stuff, but MOM’s site is sadly rather good at making sure you don’t notice all the things they have, so I’m not surprised if you or anyone else missed all their scenery pieces.

So I finished up a couple of orc ax units today. Not sure if I will use them as regiments or horde, but now I have different options in my army. The orcs were halfway painted almost 20 years ago, so gave them a quick and dirty paint job. Unfortunetly I discovered when I painted the base rim black on one of the regiments, that it was not flat and I could see the mdf base protruding out from the styrofoam/rock. So might need to ad som putty and make it look better .
Some pictures

11 Likes

Those bases! And I love when Orc units are big piles of mayhem :100:

2 Likes

very nice

1 Like

Thanks. Thats the way I wanted them to look like. A big pile of unorganised war hungry orcs :joy: . I can’t Imagine them in ranks and flanks…to stupid and to eager to get into combat to wait for their “comrades” …

2 Likes

So here comes an update for what I painted the last month or so… 2 regiments of Orc Gore Riders running through muddy waters/moat. Tried to do some water effects /splashing where the Gores ran through the water. Pretty satisfied by how it went, since it was the first time I did it.

14 Likes

Excellent miniature painting and the bases look super.

Did you use hot glue for the splash effects?

1 Like

Thanks for the comments @Niall78 . I basically just put down a flat layer of resin mixed with som resin dye. After that had dried, I cut out some transparent plastic strips, that I heated over a flame (without burning it, to make it curl up like water). I glued these down in the resin with some cut out fishing wire. And the last i did was covering everything up with vallejo water effects mixed with dye.
I did some tests with hot glue, but I didn’t have enough control for the shapes. :blush:

2 Likes

Long time since posting here, because I had nothing to post. Moving to a new house, and having my hobby stuff packed down for a long time.
This weekend I finished a troop of skulk outriders, planning on painting another one, but not sure how good they are as chaff for my orcs. Maybe I should just paint orclings :joy:

7 Likes

Trogdor comes in the night!

lovely work on your orcs, really effective basing as well.

Oh and welcome back post move

2 Likes

Really really cool with awesome basing! Looking forward to seeing more of those orcs :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sometimes you just find a model that you would love to put in your army and paint. I fell upon this big orc model and knew I had to buy him and paint him, even though I already had a Giant in my orc army… But whats better than one Giant in your army, is of course two orc Giants. It was a good palate cleanser before painting more orc infantry :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

That is an awesome giant Orc, a real BIG Boss. A sweet model and great paint job to do it justice.

1 Like

Dude that thing is so sweet! The kind of model I would start an army just so I could paint it and put it on the table. Great job!

2 Likes

I did another troop of skulk outriders.

…and another war drum.

And another godspeaker (though without a base, because I couldn’t find any in my mess :see_no_evil::joy:)

15 Likes

Painted some more orcs, this time it’s Armada orcs :sailboat: I painted all the orc ships from the starter set

9 Likes

painted another horde of greatax. It took me forever to finish and paint them and did alot of side projects along the way. I’m really satisfied with this horde, even though, some will say it’s not enough models to meet mmc :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Great work @Trogdor As a lover of all things greenskin, you have a fine looking army there.

1 Like

I love an unruly mob of mismatched orcs :green_heart: Perfect horde, awesome work!

3 Likes