Trogdors orcs

Cheers guys. Everybody loves orcs, and they are supposed to be Wild and unruly :hammer_and_pick::axe::crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Finished two troops of ax or reborn legionaries. The only chaff in my orc army was a couple og troops of skulks, and have not been so satisfied with the performance of them. So good to try something new.

I was in luck this weekend, when I searched through my piles of unfinished grey, looking for basing materials. In a small box , was a shitload of old gw snotlings. So now the next project is 3 troops of orclings. That should be a decent amount of chaff for now :grin:

10 Likes

I hear that’s how they grow in the wild too :mushroom:

Orc troops look aces as ever, great work. Dig the Underworlds dude in there.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Boss_Salvage . There is actually 3 underworld models in these two troops :wink:

1 Like

Ahhhh yes, I see the other lads now. Smart!

1 Like

Not much painting to show off, because my free time goes to some house renovating. But did buy some new stuff . Bought some riftforged models to supplement my orcs, since I don’t really think the normal orcs are at a good place at the moment pre clash of Kings, and its nice to have some variety.

So I did a little bit off assembling of the riftforged shrine. And somehow the mantic designers thought it was a good idea to design the fucking Batman logo at the front.

So looked in my bits box and found some old unused orcs Shields to cover it Up. MUCH Better :joy:

Hopefully I will get some time soon to continue and paint my orclings and the shrine.

8 Likes

Finished the riftforged shrine this weekend. Really wanted it to pop, and make it a center piece in the army, so took out the airbrush and played around with fluorescent paint to make the lava and “orc runes” glow and make a little bit of osl. When the piece was finished I got the crazy idea to make lightning effect from the hammers :partying_face::zap:First time making lightning , so was quite pleased with the outcome.

11 Likes

Holy moly, that is cool!

2 Likes

fabulous!

1 Like

Been painting up another couple of units for my ever growing orc army.
The first one is a riftforged orc Stormslayer. I really like the design of this model, but changed a little bit for the arm pose, compared to the box art. I wanted it to look a little bit more in a fighting pose.

The other model I painted, is one og those new gw orc models. Really cool model and I wanted to use him as one of my mounted orc heroes. I just didn’t realise how freaking huge the model was. So I had to build the 25x50 mm base to protrude over the edge for the model to fit. :sweat_smile: I think it works :smile::metal:t3:

I have painted up 3 troops of orclings and another troop of orcs, just need to finish the bases. And after that I have assembled enough for 2 orc regiments.

11 Likes

Great paint as always but WOW that overhang :sweat_smile: :star_struck: :clap: He’d be great as an Orc / RFO chariot hero but damn impressive basing as is.

1 Like

Thank you @Boss_Salvage . I already painted a chariot hero, that never gets used, so no point in painting more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can respect that, but another option: Fightwagon troop :wink:

1 Like

A troop of orcs I finished this evening, with a single human scum who thinks he stands a chance against the mighty orcs!

And a single troop of orclings done. Two more troops on the way, just need some resin on the bases to cure first.

9 Likes

Two more troops of orclings done. For these I added some old snotling pumpwagons, to really make people scared of the ever so "fighty " orclings :sweat_smile::metal:t3:

Next up is two regiments of orcs :fire::axe:

8 Likes

lovely work as always, I particularly like how your posts have a theme tune as I can’t stop humming it when your name comes up.

Thank you @Gerrcinn. Yeah, that Trogdor theme song is awesome! :metal:t3::fire:

4 Likes

I finished 3 regiments of orcs.
The first two regiments I will use as either longax or Riftforged Legionaires.

The last regiment is moreax. I can’t believe I haven’t painted any moreax before, but better late than never! Unfortunately these guys was hit by a fireball explosion in the rear :fire:. So I feel a little sad for them :sweat_smile:

And with that, I finished my army for a tournament next weekend. But don’t worry, I have a lot more orcs lying around to paint :star_struck:

9 Likes

Explosion is amazeballs.

1 Like