Figured I would show my WIP TK in hopes that I might actually go a bit further and finish them. Warning, some of the models might be considered NSFW.
Table of Contents
Introduction and Background
A bit of background, I got interested in kings of war due to me buying a box of skeletons for my dnd collection, and being extremely happy with the quality. I read the first edition rules and wanted to make an army. At some point I decided on twilight kin, partially due to kickstarters I backed. So I slowly gathered minis for it, testing it out a bit in second edition while waiting for an official list. Now we’re an edition further and I hope to actually have an army, especially since my fiancee has taken an interest in the army and claimed several models to paint (an important step to getting her into the games bwuaha).
Here is a list of the models I have gathered:
A very large demon center piece (titan sized base is a godsend)
10x blade dancers
12x horned warriors (mostly chainwhips) as impalers
3x horse/unicorn riders
4x lizard riders (1 boss)
4x demonthing riders
1x spellcaster (I used for testing the color scheme)
A handful of various characters.
The vast majority is from Raging Heroes, namely the TGG2 kickstarter. For those of you unfamiliar with raging heroes, they are a French company that makes extremely beautiful but fragile models. Their tgg2 kickstarter had some serious growing pains in production, as they were switching from metal around that time. Everything from the early production waves is so drenched in mould release that they sweat it still years after, defeating all my attempts to wash it off and preventing priming in the worse cases. In desperation I gave up on priming and went straight to the plastic with oil paints. It worked, but took weeks to dry enough to handle.
Plus side, I fell in love with the ease of blending with oil paints.
Without further ado: