Uncharted Empires

The last breath is an explosive. It’s nothing to do with being cornered and everything to do with the Abyssal Dwarfs being callous and cruel. Strap explosive to slave, push slave forwards, detonate.

3 Likes

Sure… just highly coincidental then. :grinning:

They’re completely the same, except in terms of rule mechanics, text, and background. But other than that, completely the same.

Right…whatever you say.

Anyway…I’m glad that Mantic is having some units in Ratkin that are unique and different like the Tangler and Brood mother.

I’m sure If Mantic comes out with Ratkin miniatures the same quality as their Veer-myn, they will be a big hit.

4 Likes

Not a great attitude from Mantic staff, dude. Especially since @Bloodaxe is in the right. The fluff may be different, but the similarity in effect (unit dies, it does damage) is there. There’s also a tonal similarity in the names. I’ll to offer you a few ways out, it could really be a coincidence and apparently AoS Cornered Rats rule is different from WHFB. But don’t think that you can be flippant with the community when it has done nothing wrong.

4 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate the support. But lets just let it go. We can just agree to disagree. :grinning:

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

Sure. Sorry about that.

3 Likes

Its quite alright.
Mantic has my support. Im sure they will keep coming out with excellent miniatures and rules.

2 Likes

Never seen the Tangle model before - not sure I want to again as it’s a bit creepy!

Definitely good call getting more Mantic rat models into the lists (after the few additional units in CoK19). Wonder ifvany plans for alternative arms for the regular guys (I’ve see conversions with orc/goblin arms)

1 Like

yes yes, plans schemes, many many

2 Likes

One more Mastercrafted preview, Herd and Varangur:

3 Likes

Guardian Brutes were the kind of generic name for Minotaurs. Then a entry actually called Minotaur Chariots. Interesting .

The other game very definitely didn’t have Minotaur chariots (excluding 3rd/4th ed maybe?)! :wink:

Now, are the minotaurs the draft animal(s) with something controlling them, or is some poor beast having to tow an angry cow in a wheelbarrow?

The regular longspear unit looks fairly handy - shame it isn’t alliable.

Odd comments already about the Varangur nerfing (as to be expected)!

1 Like

I used to play a lycan heavy list (3 lycan hordes plus lycan alpha) in the 2ed, using Rackham wolfen for the models. The new unique Moonfang seems to be a nice addition now. Regeneration 4+ and its special ability provide a good upgrade of the lycan alpha. I cannot wait to see what the regular lycan profiles are in the 3ed. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Aren’t Lycans in the Undead list already? Or do you think they will be different?

1 Like

The Long spears are very nice for the points. Compared to base Spearmen. +1 Speed, Pathfinder and Thunderous Charge for like 25-30 points.

Minotaur Chariots sound neat. But I don’t plan Herd. :disappointed_relieved:

You certainly have a good point here, but we simply do not know about the herd lycans yet. :slightly_smiling_face: My guess is they will be an almost exact copy of what they were but I hope for better. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey you never know! They could be a bit different.
Maybe Pathfinder instead Lifeleech? Something like that .

The 2ed undead werewolves and herd lycans have already had similar but still different profiles. The werewolves were sporting lifeleech and def 5 while the lycans got pathfinder, regeneration (5+) and def 4 instead. I guess this will remain the same in 3ed, or it already is for the werewolves. The horde of werewolves just got slightly more expensive in the 3ed, so I at least hope that the lycans point values will not rise as I have considered them a bit overpriced, especially the regiment (this was partly acknowledged even officially as they got a formation that was improving the regiments). So, my view is that the lycan horde point value should have been at least kept and the regiment value lowered a bit in the 3ed. Alternatively, the lycan alpha might be given an aura from which his kin would profit somehow. We will see soon what the 3ed brings for my beloved lycans. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I could see a Lycan Vicious aura. Not too much longer to wait.