VigoTheButch and Undead Friends

Can we get a better pick of the drakes top right corner?
They are looking really good!

These are kind of hard to photo without a flight stand but here you go.

These are probably tomorrow’s task.

7 Likes

I have been speed painting for the last two months, so today I decided to take my time with a single unit. Still need to do the flames and the one shield but other than that, the Wights are done.

6 Likes

Had some real life tasks today so I didn’t get as far as I wanted but I completed the Wights, the flying Riders, and made good progress on the flying Wyrms.

6 Likes

I love the wights like this. Cool with the green but this looks quality imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! An army worthy of Morgoth…

1 Like

Thanks! I’m going to build/paint a list around Morgoth once 3rd drops. Need to know his new tricks first.

1 Like

My phone camera and painting lights are not friends, so sorry for the blown out highlights and inconsistent look from shot to shot… I finished both flying Wyrms, but they took longer than expected so I didn’t finish the ground riders like I wanted to. First time making pennants and I am happy with the result!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing work.

1 Like

Those fell beasts look fantastic, like all your other work.

Great stuff! Can’t wait to see how everything comes together

1 Like

Loving the tone of the army, alongside the mini choices. Good luck hitting your goal, lots of great stuff happening.

1 Like

Thanks! I think they came out great. Word to the wise though, the plastic they are made from is very brittle. I broke several pieces when cleaning and handling them. Hopefully they hold up over time.

Worked late today, so reduced hobby time. Got the ground riders done though. Tomorrow night will be attaching them to their mounts, assisted by some green stuff I’m sure.

5 Likes

Riders are attached. Looks like they are going to need a second batch of green stuff. This first bit was to fill the gaps, the second will be to sculpt the saddle details. Looks rough right now. Then I have to paint the putty and blend the green glow onto the Wyrms.

Now, while that cures, work on bases or paint the Necromancer and standard bearer? Hmm… Anything to delay painting the 81 regular skeletons. Not looking forward to that…

4 Likes

Decided to do some bases painting to get the foundational tones back together:

Still have to punch out like 5000 leaves.

And I painted the Necromancer.

I am not going to be able to avoid the pile of skeletons much longer.

5 Likes

That’s the Mantic necro, isn’t it? He looks great! Nice work on that book.

Still tickled by glowy skellies riding Tyranids :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, that is the Mantic one, slightly reposed. The tournament I am prepping for gives a few extra points if you are at least 90% Mantic models, so every one counts. I am at 92.5% :sunglasses:

Skeletons riding Tyranids is hilarious to me, so I am glad you like it too!

Made a solid dent in the bone pile today. Still another few hours of work yet on these but the first half of the skeletons are moving along.

4 Likes

This army is sooo cool

1 Like

Still have to paint the eyes but it is getting late. First half of the skeletons are basically complete.

6 Likes