What would you like Mantic to make?

With regards to terrain/scenery some of mantic’s stuff is very nice and the larger sets are pretty decent value. Bought the Ruined Village one which is doing two armies worth of basing, and picked up the gallows which a nice kit. 3 been ts of fencing for 7.99 on the other hand doesn’t really cut it.

An expansion of the mine one would be good, while doing separate tiles/customisable dungeon flooring could work

1 Like

Hell Yes!

I used to run campaigns using that playing the battles out using modified WFB.

Aralez honor guard models for LoR, the concept art in the unchartered book look awesome. I would even be ok with just mounts and getting rider models from else where.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Rhordia become Mantic’s 3rd human faction - miniatures, main rulebook, parent list for other city-states.

You might be in luck, at least as far as the halflings of Rhordia are concerned! Upcoming models and KoW support was teased at Mantic-Fest.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Halflings are about the last army I’d pick up.

For me humans fill the role of the underdog in fantasy, standing against monstrous foes. I can’t imagine, with all the other fantasy options, choosing to pick up an army entirely composed of short, overweight, middle-aged men and if I did it would be Dwarves.

I will be fielding a LoR army with halfling allies and use my Base army points for the stuff still in the league and allies points for the more interesting halfling stuff that got ripped out of my list. Iron beast spearlings (that I just ordered a horde of before the book came out). Westfalia miniatures from their 2nd and 3rd breakfast kickstarters which look a little more professional army and a little less fat GW halflings.

I think a halfling only army will most likely play somewhat like a worse goblin army that you feel bad about using to drown the enemy in bodies.

All of this is of course if I can find a gaming group now that I moved.

1 Like

I agree with you on the army composition and the aesthetics!

1 Like

This but Mantic. I reckon they could do a better job now and it would help get people into the hobby. The rest of us might end up with some extra scenery and mono-block rank & file.

4 Likes

Looks cool, I’d prefer some sort of hex based campaign pack similar to what the other company did ages back but with a mantic twist? Affordable and good so people can make custom campaigns and either play with tokens like a board game or use KoW or vanguard to represent the battles.

Posted the original one a few replies above.

Other than for Mantic’s resources, these wouldn’t be in competition with each other as they are totally different beasts (well apart from the hexagons).

the problem with that is the cost if the hexes are in plastic you can pretty much say goodbye to at least one of the fantasy hard plastics one year and if it’s cardstock it becomes much more expensive long term for them in manufacture and shipping, and subsequent taxes.

It would be nice to see it but I can’t envision it any time soon

1 Like

People can get hex paper and draw their own maps - and there were campaign rules in Destiny of KIngs which maybe could be updated and rereleased without much hassle?
As you say, plastic hex tiles would not be worthwhile doing for Mantic.

true but the rules in DoK were incredibly simple no geographical features or terrain elements beyond a city and 4 pages long if you take out the pictures.
I’m not saying they shouldn’t do it I love Blucher for the Sharnhorst campaign system which is also simplistic but much more indepth.
I just think the people above want something more substantial than a quick reference sheet.

What I do think could work is down the line do a supplement that combines campaigns and siege rules neither are strong enough to warrant a full book on their own but combining those and linking them to Vanguard and KoW to make a comprehensive exploration of them on a grand scale.

Ah, Battlemaster. I still look back at that game fondly, wish I had of kept it.

Got to agree a Mantic version of this would be a great gate way game into the hobby.

1 Like

I’d love some Maw Beasts like the ones for the Ratkin but without riders (or with Goblins). I’m not a fan of the old Maw Beasts for the Goblins, the newer sculpts are much better but I don’t play Ratkin. I’d love some Maw beasts and/or mounted goblin spitters for my Vanguard warband!

Old ones:

New ones:

Anyone know if the ratkin hackpaws come as separate riders and beasts or if they are one piece?

1 Like

Would it be possible to remove the Ratkin head and put a spare Goblin head in its place?

If so that may be the simplist way to go about it.

2 Likes

Possibly, but the get would be wrong too as ratkin have elongated feet. Of course goblins could have elongated feet but I’d prefer not. I do have spare goblin heads though so it’s an option I guess.

I’ve not had them in hand yet, but over on his blog Mike looked at one in the Vanguard booster and the ratkin are separate

it will be expensive but certainly doable

1 Like

Yes, it would be expensive! I hope mantic update the models to save me the bother but I doubt they will for a long time. Being a vanguard player I don’t even need many! Three to group activate would be plenty…

Goblin feet are not a common spare part - at least I have none. Otherwise a head and foot swap of the ratkin would be the best option I guess.