What would you like Mantic to make?

I’m waiting on this exact thing! I would also love the Northern Alliance dwarves from Vanguard in a box of 20.

4 Likes

I’m genuinely shocked that we still haven’t had the new units from the various 3E starters or the Vanguard stuff reboxed for actual KOW army use. I get wanting to limit SKUs or how the snow foxes are one of the best units in the game but a tiny part of the clansmen sprue, but it’s fairly preposterous that I still can’t buy a box of butchers, one of the most popular units in the game (at least it seemed pre-nerf).

Speaking of Vanguard minis, I’d also really appreciate a third (or even just second!) sculpt of things that intended to be run in units in KOW, like a third half-elf berserker or two more ice kin hunters. I can and have made entire armies based around three sculpts … but two really pushes it for army-scale, and one is clearly not intended for units. (Also neither of these units are available outside of the NA mega army??)

6 Likes

I’d really like it if Mantic made updated Abyssal Dwarf war engines. Even if it is just the crew.

3 Likes

At this exact moment no exact model I am waiting on but extremely excited to see more ranges getting filled. If anything just getting units available for purchase will be huge in growing the game. Making entry for new players to get Mantic units easily without going to other ranges will be great.

5 Likes

I want new resin Elohi. New, dynamic, bigger detailed sculpts. These minis should be the centrepiece of Basilean armies and attract new players to the game.

3 Likes

New plastic elves with slightly more traditional aesthetics. I want a new elf army but have yet to find any good models out there. And if they do make new elves, please please please have the helmets cover their ears… Seeing elven ears sticking out from under helmets make me wince. Looking at some of the art and models, ear amputation must be the number one combat injury for elves in Pannithor.

They need to do what they’ve done with the League of Infamy elves. The aesthetic of armour etc is like the old range but the proportions are better and way less goofy. The cavalry and Palace Guard are fine, the spearmen and archers are awful.
A new plastic sprue allowing you to do spears or bows, plus a release of the LoI spears and bows in PVC would definitely make the elf range more attractive. When you add on the new drakons, you would have an army I would want to build and paint.
My elf army is currently old GW High elves and the imminent release of the Drakons makes me want to do a Mantic elf army to match them ( I don’t think they will fit with GW scale or aesthetic alas) but the current range really deters me from doing this.

1 Like

If the scale is similar I will possibly use the LoI elves for the front row of my elf army regiments …

… however, having painted 20 Archers and Spearmen of the regular Mantic range, i must say I actually like them quite a lot as well. I think most of the pessimism surrounding them comes from the bland official paintjob on the Mantic website and boxes. (as well as the hodge podge poses … )

Also, the ones that hold shields in front of their body, look quite good proportion wise as well. Only the ones without shields, especially the scouts have somewhat weird proportions.

In an ideal world, an army of randomly selected units should balance out , points-wise, so that, for example, Player A who enjoys a shooty Elf army has an equal chance of winning or losing against Player B with his in-ya-face-man stompy Orc army . The rest is down to player skill, and the luck of the Dice Gods, those fickle critters.
Currently, there are very few shooty units in KoW 3 that are anything near to being on par , and worth consideration to field, after being heavily nerfed from version 2. For me, that balance and equality is sorely lacking. Many shooty units are irregular, most have only weak defence, which is understandable, poor combat skill in melee, but are still expensive. To give an example in Northern Alliance terms, the Elf Clansmen are really bad with Me5 and Ra5, no peircing, no melee bonuses, no steady aim, De4+ although thankfully they do get Elite on ranged weapons but cost 90 points for a troop of 8 shots or you can opt for Ice Kin hunters which are far superior but Irregular and half as much again. Most other armies have a similar tale of woe for any shooty unit or Artillery unit.
Mantic are now making some great models, and yes, some older ones need TLC , but without a balanced point system , some of these models are obsolete before they hit the battlefield.
Likewise, some of the monsters. I love the Northern Alliance Lord on Chimera model, but i’d never buy the model as at 320 points it’d be hard to justify fielding it, when compared to say an Orc Winged Slasher at 285. i appreciate that the Chimera has a Icy Breath (10) but then again, Hrimm has a (12) and is a lot cheaper.

4 Likes

…and why wouldn’t they? They are no humans! I like the weird proportions a lot, especially for Sylvan Kin. They are weird, slightly otherworldy, strange. It’s not only humans with pointy ears, we have that enough. I said it here and I say it again, I like the Mantic elves.

2 Likes

Each to his/her own I guess. I prefer norse mythology light-elves, Tolkien elves and Warhammer elves (read: pretty humans with pointy ears that does almost everything better than us) and would like to make a new army of that kind, while also supporting Mantic.

Would strongly agree with elohi - along with samacris & julius in my view to.

The sisters could do with some love (both from a model and rule wise!) in the same way the m@a got a new plastic kit that made them not awful :wink:

Agree on this. The sisters could do with some love. That said, it is amazing what some simple weapons switches will do. I put Perry swords and daggers from their WotR men at arms set on my sisters and they look wonderful with a mix of 2h swords and daggers and arming swords combo. Perfect for berserkers in a KoM army.

Yeah, did that straight off with the panther riders and wotr billmen!

1 Like

Don’t take me wrong @KptKeno, I quite like the whole Mantic elf range, which is why i’m building a whole army of them! :wink:

The scouts I find a bit lacking in a sense that the model is not just very thin, but also somehow lacking … I dunno “something” … I decided that something is “cloaks” and have cloaks to fit to them already lined up! :smiley: So I’ll definitely paint scouts for my army as well at some points and Mantic ones to boot!

3 Likes

I bought Victrix Greek Cavalry for my Elves, main reason to have different kind of horses, but they also come with cloaks that fit the Scouts

4 Likes

@Nav good points.

The Mantic Elves are just too skinny there is no way their is a body beneath that armour.

I bought Northstar Miniatures Oathmark Elves for mine. Absolutely lovely models. I hope they are the same proportions as the Drakon riders.

I think it is time Mantic re-visited their Elves, it has been 10 years now, as that was the first kit they ever did. It could do with a new sculpt.

2 Likes

I know you like them. I was just using your quote to make my point😉.
I’m building mantic-only Sylvan Kin out of Ebay finds myself.

2 Likes

Two more poses of Ice Elemental. It’s stopping me from buying at least 6 of these.

7 Likes

At least one more pose on all the newer large infantry.
They all rocking the ground punch plus weapon aloft pose.

3 Likes