3ed rules questions

It could contribute if it was able to engage from the flank while others engage in the front, or vice versa. Even if it does not strike, it would count as taking away the option to Withdraw for the enemy.

1 Like

I don’t think there is another mobile, non war machine unit with me0, so likely to be oversight (when unit changed in v3 from being immobile) than intent?

The ‘being able to engage’ part of the charge is now much more important than in v2, even without doing damage - so a single odd unit that could do it would seem strange?

We’ll see. The question’s out there for consideration one way or the other.

Its an oversight!

Won’t count as an official FAQ but here’s a WhatsApp comment from Matt in the RC!

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the information here. Good to know the answer. I am still curious how they FAQ it. I think the Monolith should be treated as war engine but the RC may come up with a different solution.

1 Like

No prob

Or add an addendum that me0 units can’t be given a Charge order (thus allowing such units to exist outside of being war machines)?

Another wording query… the AD Hellfane can gain an Aura that gives Wild charge (+2) to “infantry only.”

Would this include heavy infantry, monstrous infantry etc., or just “infantry”…?

Just Infantry only.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt

Errata/FAQ up https://m.facebook.com/groups/403267653139331?view=permalink&id=1801466973319385

Also available via Mantic’s website

3 Likes

I dislike that you have to use the Web cart to “purchase” the free FAQ. And the FB link is broken for me. Maybe it goes to a private group.

1 Like

It goes to “Kings of War Fanatics”, but yes I agree. Its bonkers to put the FAQ behind the wall, Mantic have made some really odd decisions lately. The new page as well as the whole Vanguard release structure… :zipper_mouth_face:

Agreed. I had to ask a friend to retrieve the FAQ for me. He had no problem with it (as he wanted the file too) but it is quite inconvenient way to do things. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have got a rules question after quite some time. It looks I will face the nightstalkers for the first time. How exactly the Mindthirst ability works when Inspiring (specific type only) unit is around. Are the nightstalkers inspired even if e.g. lycan alpha with Inspiring (Lycanthrope only) is within 12". I am inclined to say no, they do not, but would like to have it confirmed.

Mindthirst kicks in with any unit with the Inspiring rule, regardless of any subsequent restriction on that Inspiring ie Self, or Succubi Only

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Still, I find it quite a bit ambiguous that Mindthirst “steals” only the Inspiring part and not the keyword specifics. It would be clearer if it was mentioned in the Mindthirst ability description as it is for another specific inspiration rule, the Very inspiring.

It is worded quite clever. They dont become Inspired per se; they simply reroll Rout results if nearby any model with any kind of inspiring. There is a subtle difference. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If youre engaged in combat and you get waivered can you attack back when its your turn or do you have to move back out of combat

1 Like

Neither. :smiley: When wavered the unit cannot attack back as far as it does not have a special ability to do so, e.g. Fury or Headstrong. It is also not required to get “out of combat”. The wavered unit can stay engaged, though in some situations it might be better to disengage, e.g. if it is possible to make the next enemy unit charge hindered.

2 Likes

I‘ve got two questions just to make sure that we have played correctly for the past two years :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Can I overrun after I routed an Individual with the Mighty special rule? I would say yes because Yielding only affects normal movement and not the rout movement.

2. We always played that „At the Double“ means you have to move the whole distance. e.g my Dwarfs move the whole 8 inch and can‘t just go 6 inches. But then why does the rule book say „you move UP TO double of the speed value“? We just discovered that :smile:

1 Like
  1. YES.
  2. NO, you can move At the Double any (up to twice the unit Movement) distance. Just as the rulebook says.
6 Likes