Andreas' Kingdoms of Men & League of Rhordia

Two Generals on Winged Beast, the last pic is a foot guard regiment included for scale.

The riders are slightly modified Mounted Men at Arms from Perry Miniatures and the Winged Beast is a GW model.

12 Likes

Super cool, floating hippocampus make suitably fantastic monster mounts for humans as well as fishmen :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Andreas!

I have just discovered this topic after checking a battle report between yours KoM and Fred’s Undead.

It is a truly beautiful army! Thank you very much for sharing and the inspiration. I really like how you used the opportunity multi-basing offers to create units that look quite dynamic. Even if it is a horde of pikemen, it does look alive!

In addition, you perfectly added fantasy elements by incorporating Halflings units and cool ideas for heroes riding fantasy beasts to battle.

Great job! You should be very proud of this achievement!

1 Like

Thanks for pushing this up @Swordmaster !

I can only second here, this is an outstanding, beautiful army! I tend to go dirty when I go colorful, but for my Zombies that’s one ok thing to do. In a human army the brightness fits perfectly, and how you did you whole army is just stunning. I’d love to see that guys live one day, but even if not, I would like to see more on the interwebs!

1 Like

@Swordmaster @Theerteen Thank you both :slight_smile:

I plan on expanding the army quite a bit, currently I am painting up an additional four Regiments of Foot Guard and a third Cannon so expect to see something new during Christmas. I will add some more fantastical elements as well.

I intend to bring this army to CoK 2020, so you might see me there. I am not good enough to win a large international tournament, so I might as well bring something I enjoy playing :wink:.

Two Kingdoms of Men Cannon

I am a bit uncertain about the rust since it ended up being a bit too brown. Its enamel so I can reactivate it and wash it away so I will see if it grows on me before doing anything.

20191219_123322
20191219_123335
20191219_123347
20191219_123401

12 Likes

What base size did you use for the cannons? The 50x50mm? It looks great (not as crowdy as I expect)

1 Like

The bases are 50x50mm, but the Perry miniatures are “historical scale” 28mm, which makes them slightly smaller than “heroic scale” 28mm.

These look great (like, shock)!

1 Like

Tremendous.

1 Like

This is easily one of the best looking armies I’ve ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic job!

1 Like

I can only agree, one of the most beautiful armies that I have seen in a long time.
I really love the base design. Can you possibly provide a list of materials that you used?

1 Like

You probably missed the basing tutorial provided in this post.

Trully amazing army! Well done.

2 Likes

@Sceleris @RustyJamesDio @Geeps @Bombastico @AlQuds

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Its probably the army I am most pleased with and there several new additions on the way :smiley:

1 Like

8 Troops of Foot Guard, 3 Hero Heroes and a Army Standard Bearer

15 Likes

Awesome work. Really nice army!

1 Like

Very nice - the perry models are great (have a box load to build)

1 Like

Giant for my Kingdoms of Men army.

13 Likes

I love the nuln sign !!

1 Like

Lovely looking army. I love the bright vibrant colours.
Do I remember that giant from GW in the distant past?
I’m putting together a kingdoms of men army and have been debating whether to put them on multi bases. I’ve got a bunch of renegade and North Star miniatures that need painting up and this has definitely inspired me to multi base them

2 Likes