Circus Gobbolino - Goblin circus themed army

Slash is awesome!

1 Like

Still getting more wonderfully hilarious with every unit!

1 Like

Thanks guys :green_heart:

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! That’s all that can be said!

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

Atm I’m looking forward to have more pics ready, I miss posting a lot. But there is still more to come :smiley:

1 Like

You need to take this ‘circus’ on a magical miniature tour! Sign up for some tournaments and show off your wonderful accomplishments!
Best Regards

4 Likes

Well, that was a unpleasantly long time not posting. My photobuddy threw in excuses like “I’m moving in another House”, “I’m having a second child”, and other trivial stuff :roll_eyes: but he fed me some more, so here we go again! The term “Mawbeast” thankfully is pretty unspecific, so I thought a bunch of mixed creatures, gobbos and…things would do fine. I imagine them as a halftime show thing, pushed through the circus ring and bring amusement, astonishment and of course, confusion!

Regiment/Horde 1

Regiment/Horde 2

13 Likes

Thank you very much - In fact somehow I did exactly that, I took the whole army to the german GT last year, and it was elected to the best army. …which is way more honor to me than winning a tournament would be. I’m more collector and painter than player, so the trophy, and feedback like yours what I’m doing this kind of stuff for!

…ok ok I also have ridiculously much fun building and painting minis :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Every circus needs a paymaster! This model itself is kind of contentious. One one hand it is just one of GW’s best ideas in “classic” times, on the other hand it’s made of…finecast. The worst $hit GW ever used as material.
I was lucky to got him by make-to-order some day ago, because I always loved the model. With a little fantasy he fits in as a regiment of either rabble or luggits:
Greeeeeeeeasus Goldtooooooooth!

15 Likes

This is fantastic!
Just inspired!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Partly it was very annoying to paint, because of the sheer amount of details that dude got, but I’m pretty happy with the outcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome work! I’ve seen very, very few painted - or even built - Greasuses, big guy looks great! Bummer about the finecast, and him not being heavy enough to knock your opponent out if needed :meat_on_bone:

1 Like

With Greasus representing the melee force, let’s continue with more of that. The only unit in the whole circus which is carrying actual weapons - because you know, recruiting new staff needs some persuasiveness :dagger:

17 Likes

Excellent , as usual

2 Likes

Amazing work. I’m impressed with the sheer creativity you’ve poured into this army!

Out of interest, how many points have you built up thus far?

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
The army is finished, so the points are final, although I can’t reminisce exactly how many points it has. It differs by selecting, the chariot bases for example are the same as mincers, and the models aren’t exclusively one or the other. I remember around 3500 to the max, but I’d have to count it (which is difficult because I live in troubled circumstances atm… expecting a child and renovating a house to move in next year :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Those guys were kind of the starting spark of the whole thing - I had lots of those forest goblin spider riders, and thought, that the models on one hand were wonderful, but on the other hand so merciless static! So the idea of reposing them and pushing them to be something completely different to “scary” spiders developed…here they are, fancy hats and artistic ambitions - Arachrobats (I have to admit, I myself didn’t come to this brilliant name…)

18 Likes

The spider playing the bongos in particular :laughing:

1 Like

They are just amazing :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys! There is still some more to come, but I ran out of good pics again :roll_eyes: hopefully Ill get more soon!

1 Like