Circus Gobbolino - Goblin circus themed army

Slash is awesome!

1 Like

Still getting more wonderfully hilarious with every unit!

1 Like

Thanks guys :green_heart:

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! That’s all that can be said!

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

Atm I’m looking forward to have more pics ready, I miss posting a lot. But there is still more to come :smiley:

1 Like

You need to take this ‘circus’ on a magical miniature tour! Sign up for some tournaments and show off your wonderful accomplishments!
Best Regards

2 Likes

Well, that was a unpleasantly long time not posting. My photobuddy threw in excuses like “I’m moving in another House”, “I’m having a second child”, and other trivial stuff :roll_eyes: but he fed me some more, so here we go again! The term “Mawbeast” thankfully is pretty unspecific, so I thought a bunch of mixed creatures, gobbos and…things would do fine. I imagine them as a halftime show thing, pushed through the circus ring and bring amusement, astonishment and of course, confusion!

Regiment/Horde 1

Regiment/Horde 2

9 Likes

Thank you very much - In fact somehow I did exactly that, I took the whole army to the german GT last year, and it was elected to the best army. …which is way more honor to me than winning a tournament would be. I’m more collector and painter than player, so the trophy, and feedback like yours what I’m doing this kind of stuff for!

…ok ok I also have ridiculously much fun building and painting minis :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Every circus needs a paymaster! This model itself is kind of contentious. One one hand it is just one of GW’s best ideas in “classic” times, on the other hand it’s made of…finecast. The worst $hit GW ever used as material.
I was lucky to got him by make-to-order some day ago, because I always loved the model. With a little fantasy he fits in as a regiment of either rabble or luggits:
Greeeeeeeeasus Goldtooooooooth!

11 Likes

This is fantastic!
Just inspired!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Partly it was very annoying to paint, because of the sheer amount of details that dude got, but I’m pretty happy with the outcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome work! I’ve seen very, very few painted - or even built - Greasuses, big guy looks great! Bummer about the finecast, and him not being heavy enough to knock your opponent out if needed :meat_on_bone:

1 Like

With Greasus representing the melee force, let’s continue with more of that. The only unit in the whole circus which is carrying actual weapons - because you know, recruiting new staff needs some persuasiveness :dagger:

11 Likes

Excellent , as usual

2 Likes

Amazing work. I’m impressed with the sheer creativity you’ve poured into this army!

Out of interest, how many points have you built up thus far?

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
The army is finished, so the points are final, although I can’t reminisce exactly how many points it has. It differs by selecting, the chariot bases for example are the same as mincers, and the models aren’t exclusively one or the other. I remember around 3500 to the max, but I’d have to count it (which is difficult because I live in troubled circumstances atm… expecting a child and renovating a house to move in next year :sweat_smile:

2 Likes