Clash of Kings info/updates

anvils that aren’t completely nerfbats are that little bit more useful. add potion of sharpness+banechant.

Sadly the mantic skelleton sprue does not have that option. Guess you see a lot of ‘counts as 2h weapons’ units then.

1 Like

Empire of Dust

Behemoth gets Melee 3+ and Slayer Melee D6

Pharaoh on Chariot gets surge option for 15 pts now.
Upgrade to Rahs The Undying (1) Very Inspiring, +1 Rout. Also gets Restore Ancient Glory for 50 points; Core friendlies with the Skeleton keyword fighting the same unit use his Melee value. Cannot be taken with magical artefact.

Rev champion is spellcaster 0. May take surge 5 for 10 points

Reanimator rule now affects Fireball, Drain Life, Weakness, Wind blast as well

3 Likes

What do the 2 Brotherhood Armies get?

1 Like

Just got mine through the letterbox (mantic preorder). Anyone know what the ‘CC’ in the arcane library spell targets column stands for?

1 Like

There’s been a podcast on counter charge (520 I believe) on the new Brothermark. It seems, the RC does read this forum, as there’s an awful similarity between the actual changes and a homebrew I made I year ago. Great minds think alike. :wink:

All-in I’m pretty pumped as the RC has buffed the list even beyond what I thought possible a year ago, but the basics (Villein infantry, cheaper penittents, return of the villein initiares, buffed characters) are more or less there. Also, the inclusion of a def 5+ anvil that can be taken in hordes really triggers me!

I think “close combat” as in “can be cast on units in close combat”. The main rulebook uses the same abreviation.

4 Likes

It allows you to use the spell on units that are engaged or in a melee. (p.53 of the main rulebook)

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Anyone got more info on Undead?

Hi, what are the changes regarding the Human Clansmen of the Northern Alliance and Varangur? Is it true that they became significantly cheaper? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Sounds like they’re going down to Def 4 and reducing in points, but with the option to pay to go back up to Def 5. I haven’t seen any details on the pricing though.

3 Likes

Elves

Gladestalkers no longer irregular, Me 3+, unit strength 1/3 att 10/12

Archers ranged 4, def 3, 105, 140, 245 pts

Stormwind may upgrade to Quicksilver Lancers (1) Regiment only, Nimble, waver and rout increase by 1 for 25 pts

Drakon hatchling pack swarm CS1, fly, nimble, sp7, me4, de3, Attacks 12/24, Nerve 10-12/14-16, points 115/195

Archmage now Tier 3, may take surge 8 for 30 pts

Stormwind Upgrade to Quicksilver Lancers (1) regiment only-gain Nimble, waver and rout incerase by 1 for 25 pts

Drakons no longer irregular

Seaguard gain steady aim. regiment/horde points = 150/260

Hunters of the wild troop/regiment = 90/140

Dragon lord 305

Drakon lord 160

Tydarion 335. gains nimble

Argus - as long as he is present and in play, once per turn you may reroll a single die that failed to hit or damage a friendly unit regardless of range or line of sight
AoE new text-start of each ranged phase you may select a friendly unit and it gains inspiring

NEW UNIT
Kindred warriors
sp 6, me 4, de 4, att 10, 12, 25, nerve 10/12, 14/16, 21/23 80/120/200 pts elite
keywords elf, kindred

King’s champion
(1) sp 7, me 3, de 5, att 7, nerve 14/16, pts 145
aura fury kindred only, CS 1, duelist, elite melee, inidivudal, mighty, phalanx, very inspiring
keyword elf, kindred

FORMATION
Drakon lord, 2 drakon regiments
all gain spellward. hero gains rampage melee D3, regiments gain nimble

Northern Alliance

human clansmen Defense is 4. points 80/120/200 upgrade to Norj-Bik Clansmen, increasing Def to 5 for 10/15/20 pts

switch shields to two handed weapons, lowering def to 3 and gaining CS2 for 0 pts

Clarion
Melee 3, Attacks 5, points 115

frost giant slayer melee d6

6 Likes

If anyone feels like gracing me with the Imperial Dwarf changes, I’d be very grateful!

2 Likes

DWARFS

Berserkers nerve -/15 and -/18 gain slayer D6

Behemoth speed 5, wild charge D3. 245 pts

Golloch’s Fury (1) Very inspiring. Aura Iron resolve dwarf only. exchange flame belcher for golloch’s guns 18’’, 12 attacks, piercing 2 for 50 pts

Ironwatch rifles and crossbows Melee 4, Unit strength 1/3/4

Battle Driller 75 pts, Brutal 2

Warsmith gains inspiring. Aura is now Elite ranged warsmith and ironwatch only

Stone priest Radiance of Life dwarf only for 25 pts or free if it replaces Surge

Garrek gains Radiance of Life

Sharpshooters are heavy infantry

Greater elemental 12 attacks

Flame belcher gains shattering and 2 more inches so 14 total

NEW UNIT Faber Ironheart large infantry, height 3, speed 5, melee 3, range 5, defense 6, attacks 7, nerve -/15 pts 175 CS2, Inspiring, Nimble, WC D3, Hand cannon 24", piercing 2, steady aim

FORMATION
The Royal Guard 2 bulwarker regiments, 1 horde of ironclad, one standard bearer. All gain melee 3 and increase waver and rout by 1. Standard bearer gains aura elite Infantry only and very inspiring. may not take a magic item
FORMATION COST 80 pts

4 Likes

Thankyou!!

2 Likes

no problem, friend. Any other army requests?

2 Likes

Well I’m curious about ratkin slaves, but it’s not a priority if you’ve got better things to do. I was mostly interested in the Dwarfs. :wink:

1 Like

RATKIN SLAVES

Death engine impaler-Wild charge d3 and rampage d6

Last breath-looks the same if i’m not mistaken

Taskmaster on chariot- Melee 3, rallying 1slaves only, remove the option of rallying 1 for 15 pts

Slave warriors are no longer irregular

Slave Nightmares- Vicious is now for all attacks

Golekh- attacks 7

NEW UNIT- I’d post it but Master Crafted posted it on youtube a few weeks back

FORMATION-LOWEST OF THE LOW
1 taskmaster on chariot, 1 horde and 2 regiments of slave warriors all with last breath
Taskmaster gains nerve 13/15, aura vicious melee slave infantry only and OUT OF MY WAY! special rule
OUT OF MY WAY!- Before giving this unit an order, select a single friendly core unit with the slave keywordwithin 12 and in Line of sight. the unit is immediately routed and the last breath rule goes off if they had it.
FORMATION COST 35

5 Likes

Would have been happy with just the points drop.
That speeds seems more fitting for the model.

I am a bit disappointed that rangers didn’t get anything.
A few points less or headstrong would have been nice.
Rangers get taken often enough though, so not a problem I suppose.

Stonepriest is interesting…

Surprised and disappointed that the dwarf lord (on foot) didn’t get tweaked. Would have preferred that iron resolve aura there.

2 Likes

Thanks again @Fugue !

I’m definitely happy with the Dwarf changes here. Berserkers, Battle Driller and Fabre Ironheart are all units I’m hoping to try out. The general buff to dwarf infantry and the Formation in particular is perfect for me, given my army is primarily dwarf infantry anyway. :slight_smile:

While I like the buff to Ironwatch, I feel like it was a missed opportunity. It would have been great to see the two units differentiated a little more, beyond their piercing value. Maybe Crossbows get steady aim while Rifles have shattering? I dunno… as they are I might give my crossbows another try. The idea of a Horde with the Hammer of Measured Force is tempting. But it’s not a priority.

Stone priest looks to be amazing now. Assuming its inspiring now affects everyone, it looks like a great inclusion regardless of whether you’re taking elementals. I’ll be keen to see what I can give it from the Arcane Library, but otherwise, I’m almost definitely trying one out with Bane Chant and Radiance of Life.

I agree with @DarkBlack about the Dwarf Lord. I was really hoping it would get a better aura to make it worth taking over other heroes. But the main surprise for me is the absence of the Jarrun Bombard. It’s still worse in every way to a Ironbelcher and I can’t think of any situation in which I would ever take one.

EDIT: Okay, I MIGHT consider a Jarrun if I’d already maxed out on Ironbelchers and REALLY wanted another one. :sweat_smile:

As for Ratkin Slaves, I just love everthing there. :smiley: The new unit and formation rules look like a tonne of fun, which is exactly why I’m looking at building an army of these guys!

3 Likes