Another illuminating podcast. Effectively a part 2 for CC499. It covers CoK21, Armada, Halflings & their playstyle, speculation on teased silhouette, combined sprues rationale, sales and a discussion on using Mantic minis.
I’ve just pulled out the Clash info (first 15min and another 5 at 50min in):
- Working on the book for the bulk of the year
- Halflings - stuff not seen in Kings before
- RC to look at monsters (promote sales of expensive resin kits)
- Master/theme lists - theme lists tweak master units. Example was Gladestalkers: SK ignore cover, Reg Elves better melee, TK something else
- Well over 100 pages
- Comparison drawn with CoK2018
- Will work with EasyArmy from day one
- Certain main game mechanics are changing - conditional inspiring given as the example
- New ways of implementing how keywords give benefits (Halflings & Tinker mentioned)
- Confirms lots of magic carried over from Halpi’s Rift
- This includes artifacts, for example the Wizard’s Hat
On the whole this was talked about as a ‘big shake up’ of the game. I got the impression it was considered to be finishing third ed (my words).