KoW Summer News Stream Preview

Maybe?
I have wondered if there would be an orc and goblin theme list for as long as there have been theme lists.

This brute has nice armour and a lighting hammer though. That’s rather civilized.
Probably not as big as he looks next to that halfling, I recall it would be a cavalry base.

2 Likes

Could be, I’m leaning towards orc though.
Probably not as big as he looks (as I said above) and krudgers can be big (as described in Pious).
From the lore I would also expect orcs to be the threat on the Ardovikian Plain (where the Shires and Rhordia are).
Orcs attacked there in the Edge of the Abyss campaign and “Claws on the Plain” has an orc on the cover and is set in the Ardovikian Plain from what I hear.

5 Likes

Beast master Orcs would be a cool theme. Time to go reread the main rulebook for ideas!

4 Likes

Kyle said on Countercharge, that there would be some sort of hint in the Halpi’s Rift book. I have to read all of the Orc sections there. Or all others…

2 Likes

There is certainly reference to all manner of beasts being made to flee their lairs by the quake etc

2 Likes

I found this on page 31 (Ulpgar the Mad):

Guess that ‘gigantic green-skinned warrior waging war in the heavens’ is what we saw!

7 Likes

Some interesting spoilers by Rob and Kyle. Air Elementals for Sylvan Kin. Scouting units like scurriers and Gladestalkers get better/cheaper/something and other stuff.

4 Likes

This is interesting (big fan of Direct Misfire too).

Other info included:

• Everyone gets a formation though they’ll work a bit differently
  • Upgarades to some units - for example, Minotaur Chariots to something like a Stampede but limited [1]
  • New access to existing units - like the Air Elementals KptKeno mentions
  • Not just new spells and items but new abilities for spellcasters
  • CoK21 - more like edition 3.5

Sounds good, ambitious, but good. Obviously (and completely understandably) some of this is to drive sales but giving people more options and improving units seems like the way to do it. I do wonder about balance with such a large number of changes, but some will be adjustments that have been held back from last year, and as it’s being done through a Clash of Kings everything is easier to tweak a year down the line.

I particularly like the shift to supporting the theme lists more, same level of updates as the master lists (Halpi’s fell a bit flat for me as someone with a Herd army).

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see the scale of the winter release - what is this mini accompanied by? I guess it’s not solely for the theme list as so far miniatures are only made for master list units.

Are we looking at some sort of celestial mountain orc crusade theme list?

4 Likes

Yeah, it sure does feel that way.

Will be interesting to see what the formations bring to the various factions.

3 Likes

You mean they could perhaps be… primaris orcs? :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

3 Likes

something about the Artwork

while the Manticore symbolise pure evil in medieval times, it originates as a man-eater with human like intelligence
the rider has a Lightning hammer and noble/well worked looking armour

a more civilized orc from another plain, something old with supernatural powers?
but the model is on 25*50mm base, so not as big as on the artwork

not Primaris Orcs, but evil Stormcast to make jokes about GW?

3 Likes

More Orc Elohi?

2 Likes

Remember he’s fighting a halfling on the artwork. So maybe he just seems a lot bigger than he actually is.

Also @FredOslow , where is my archivist/detective/researcher badge? I found the part in the book!:joy:

3 Likes

I hope there will be something to push Skeletons and Ghouls a bit. I love the models, but they are hard to use because of other (read: better) options.

3 Likes

That is an issue with the undead list in general - zombies really need a kicking to make other options (which aren’t bad by any stretch) more worthwhile taking, rather than buff those.

Personally I’d drop the US of lots of the cheap, regular spam infantry down by one (scarecrows, zombies, rabble etc) to 1 for reg, 2 for horde & 3 for legion

3 Likes

There is a thought. If they are Orc Elohi, are they going to change their alignment? So noble orcs, but less evil?

I hope they are not stab at GW, but disturbingly, that guy on artwork indeed have Stormcast colours. Blue and gold is for Sigmar boys.

Blue and gold are for a lot of things and I recall a bunch of colour schemes for stormcast chambers.

1 Like

Sure there are bunch of colour schemes for Stormcast, but which one is on the all promo artwork, video games, boxes and books?

not everything revolves around GW, blue and gold are complimentary colours and unless they’re going to pick something vomit inducing they’re going to have to pick complimentary themes.
At which point you can point to any GW space marine chapter or what have you and say they’re copying.

Sometimes a colour choice is just a colour choice

7 Likes