Cyberactivity's Twilight Kin: The Shadow Blades

Well they’re done. Did the new unit to match the old one whilst trying to improve on the first unit that was built and painted a few years ago.

Added a couple bits extra to the old base and repainted the skulls too so it matches better.

17 Likes

So I’m all ready for the weekend.

Finished rebasing and adding to my old black dragon model.

With that done the army is ready for the two day tournament. Going to be no easy games as pretty much everyone that is coming is a regular on the UK tournament scene.

Hope you like the army as a collective:

24 Likes

Best of luck! Headed into a two dayer this weekend myself, looks like a bit of a shooting gallery my fledgling Herd is wandering into :grimacing:

2 Likes

Good luck. Where is your tournament? How many pts?

1 Like

Crossroads GT in Central New York, 2300 points and I think 26 players? It’s usually 120 but he halved it for distancing and then turnout was further halved by vaccines and pandemic and etc. Blackjack scoring again this year, which I dig.

2 Likes

those are some seriously awesome models @Cyberactivity

4 Likes

Thank you, appreciate it.

2 Likes

So the tournament was a bit of a disaster. They just don’t work at 2.3k with the models I had. Didn’t want to take an extreme list either…maybe that was a mistake.

Anyways, as a result the Twilight Kin are being retired until the next Clash book.

Don’t fear, the rebasing/reworking project continues.

Just completed 3 regiments of tortured souls:

18 Likes

Sorry to hear about the Twilight flub :frowning: On the flipside, the Tortured regiments look great - nice goop! - and I’m a fan of them in that format. Doing 2x regiment for my Abyssals eventually.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I’m not sure what to paint or sort out next.

Not sure if should work on something Elf, Abyssal or Nightstalker based…

All of this is really lovely! I especially love the basing, so lush and colourful. How do you do the flowers?

2 Likes

This was a bit of a labour of love.

Stripped the paint off this model and repainted from scratch:

19 Likes

you can buy flowers from places like Gamer’s Grass and railway modelling companies.

If you have static grass tufts you can make your own buy getting a product called “Flower Soft” that comes in a masses of colours and you can just glue it on the top.

2 Likes

They are just pre made flower tufts from warpainter.

Cut up the odd one and stick a couple next to each other to get some variety in size.

1 Like

Here are the classic metal Lords of Chaos collection, now all ready for Kings of War:

17 Likes

Congrats on finishing the pantheon and leading lights :sparkling_heart:

That Archaon is still easily my favorite of his incarnations, and the one I don’t have, of course :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thank you.

Archaon model is a slight conversion to make it match the box art pose.

I’ll keep an eye out for another one for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wiltfather completed and ready to be used as an ally when required:

23 Likes

Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

That model is so sweet. Really nice blending on the arm and sword.

2 Likes