Cyberactivity's Twilight Kin: The Shadow Blades

Thank you. Took a decent amount of time so I’m glad people seem to like it.

1 Like

Cheers. Really enjoy painting swords, they do seem to be a feature of my big models.

1 Like

Dreadlord Sildrew Dragonbane now completed and ready for battle:

Named after Steve Hildrew (@SteveDeathByDragons) as he was the one person that could make a decision on what should be painted next. Lol.

20 Likes

Lovely chunky dragon! I do prefer my flying lizards thick :blush:

Pet assassin riding on him is nice as well, especially that sword!

2 Likes

Cheers. I’ve got like a dozen assassin models, so this is just a way to get more into the army. :smiley:

Had to have the rider either surfing or standing next to the dragon, as the dragon is too much of a chunky monkey for a normal rider on saddle.

2 Likes

That, iswhy the French invented the word, Magnifique!!

3 Likes

This is why the move to 75mm bases is so good.

2 Likes

Indeed. This barely fits on 75mm.

The older GW dragons just don’t fit 50mm either. 75mm looks better and is also way more practical.

2 Likes

Sorry for the bad pictures.

Twilight Kin blade dancers from the hydra formation done. These have been in the WIP pile for an age.

445pts of the 580pts formation (no items).

16 Likes

they look great

2 Likes

Those looks fantastic!
I like the lush bases with “hints” that this is not actually a good place to be.

4 Likes

Yeah, the bright and seemingly cheery bases contrast well with the soldiers themselves and the skulls and such dotted throughout. Subtle creepiness!

5 Likes

Thank you all for the great feedback.

Finished 2 more regiments of snow foxes for my Varangur:

13 Likes

those are lovely bases, works of art as it were. The foxes themselves are of course limiting in detail, but your bases add so much

1 Like

Thank you.

Had to paint in the eyes for extra detail.

These 2 go with the one I’d painted a while ago:

11 Likes

i did the same, as well as a light pink around the tips of the ears and nose, but that about covers any possible details.

3 Likes

Looks great!
The eyes are a good call, I’ve seen a lot of these that don’t have detail and look unfinished.

As above, I like the cute foxes that… oh no wait, they’ve just murdered and eaten something.

5 Likes

Keeping the hobby streak alive, another model done and ready to be fielded:

13 Likes

that’s a great colour pallet on the Abyssal Efreet, loving that @Cyberactivity

2 Likes

Oh that’s a super paint job.

Very nice miniature as well. What range is it from? I want to do a real old school 1980’s style Chaos Warrior army at some stage and that looks a decent fit.

Would suit my undead either.

Think I need one.

2 Likes