Dozens December! - painting topic

Thank you @HouseElf , i’ve added a couple of prison tatts too.

4 Likes

Quick & easy air elemental horde

12 Likes

Haven’t touched my projects in about a month or so, (a bit dismayed due to Covid).

Managed to find the will to put this ebay collection together. Need to strip a few, then rebase them. It is 1,235pts of Basileans.

Not sure what colour scheme to go for at the moment. Thinking something quick and easy.

Edit. Some great stuff here.

9 Likes

Drystone wall base for the Goblin Fleabag riders… Given the models it seemed a perfect opportunity for them to be jumping the wall. There is a certain irony in painting stones to make them look… well, more like stones![:grin:
Just when I thought I had finished with the Fleabag riders I noticed that they have ears… so I highlighted the muzzle and ears and put a wash over the heads again

10 Likes

I finished a ship from my Armada warfleet. It’s a basilean frigate of the Elohi class.

First one done, four more to go!

14 Likes

Hi @Vince !

Every time I see these ships it makes me want to get the new rules! So tempting! I really hope they will add more fleets soon, would be great to have some Elven ships to add to the KoW army.

Thanks!

Been a while but I finally based these wolves (Gur Panthers)

They actually were the first models I put paint on this year when I tested out the contrast paints. I got a lot more confident about painting but put too much paint on them so they were too dark. For nearly a year they have been staring at me guiltily saying “why wont you finish us!”

I decided to get it over with as I don’t have many other models to assemble/paint at the moment. Next up is to resculpt the mouth of my mongolian death worm which has also been guilting me.

11 Likes

Resurrection of a very old Forest Goblin King as another Wiz: You can never have enough Wiz’s in a Goblin army, after all.

6 Likes

And the King model from the Mega Army set on/or off an old Fleabag/wolf Chariot, (mostly on, i
prefer).

7 Likes

More boats & some centaurs done.

9 Likes

Today’s project: a horde of Trolls to go with the regiment I already had.

6 Likes

More centaurs & sea monsters now complete.

9 Likes

loving those sea monsters…

1 Like

Agree. Your centaurs are lovely, but those sea monsters are something else :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Cheers - fun to paint and turned out pretty well. 3 are from warlord’s terrors of the deep set, the shark & octopus pathfinder models.

Thanks!

Here’s another one. Two ships of a fleet of five.

9 Likes

And some more Armada stuff :wink:

9 Likes

Nothing finished but spent some time getting miniatures ready for the painting table.

Two regiments of Palace guard getting hit with base-coat:

Two regiments of Trolls (also have a troll bruiser primed but no picture);

Goblin wizard on lizard:

And last but not least two regiments of Forest shamblers:

A note for you paint collectors (we’re all one of those :rofl:). Just got some Vallejo Metal Color paints and have to say they are the best metallics I’ve ever used. Highly recommend.

Keep posting everyone - some great stuff going up over the Christmas period.

8 Likes

Haven’t got time to paint at the moment, managing to put a few models together.

These are kit bashed from spare parts. Got enough to do 20 Crossbowmen, think 2 troops of 10 will be better than a regimentof 20.

Crossbow is from the Northstar plastic Gnoll set, the pole arm is from Fireforge, had to remove the weapon, and drill a hole in the hands to fit the weapon into. Some are a bit messy, but paint should fix that.

Edit, the 20 Crossbowmen, because my Mongolians were a little short on ranged attacks (sarcasm).

9 Likes

Finally finished my next horde of Sharpstick Goblins, emerging from dense woodlands with all the crisp discipline and precision you would expect from such a phalanx of fearsome troops ! :yum:

gob1

9 Likes