Edzig's Forces of Nature / Sylvan Kin

Nice army (as ever).

Similarly, my sylvan kin is also getting off shoots into FoN, regular elves and will do some OotGL knight units.

2 Likes

Finished painting my first models in a very looooong time. Two Pegasi join the Tree army.

These minis were my all-time favourite trophy (3-D printed models of my choice for winning the first-ever Play by Email UB tournament). Thanks to Mike Szedlmayer, the TO, who did the printing and posting all the way across the Atlantic!

I have two more of these to paint up, and at least one of them will be done as a winged Unicorn, so if anyone knows of any good purveyors of Unicorn horns, please let me know!

25 Likes

Great work Ed, lovely models

1 Like

Spectacular!
That basing is great.
I have long wanted to do an Entmarch army (inspired by treebeard and company assaulting Isenguard) with halflings as druids and entish trees as shamblers.
If I can get it took kik this I’ll be very happy.

2 Likes

Thats a badass looking army of treefolk! treebeard would be proud! Bhararuum

1 Like

Three Beasts of Nature join the party. The other animals went in two by two, but Beasts of Nature generally come in threes!

The middle one is Mantic, the others Reaper Bones. The Mantic one is pretty small for a monster, so I gave it a big rock to stand to stop it getting an inferiority complex.

20 Likes

Great work Ed. I love an owl bear, no idea why but they are one of my all time favourites. Probably from playing d&d in about 1978

2 Likes

They seem especially suited to the KOW Beast of Nature, which comes in Flying and not-Flying varieties (though the latter are a very rare breed!). The third one of mine looks like it might struggle to take off with those tiny wings, but it does have wings so I’m calling WYSIWYG!

I always like to see how artists and model-makers decide what elements of owl and bear to include in their owlbears. These ones all have bear feet, and they all have beaks (though one has only the top part of a beak and teeth to boot!).

My colour scheme for these started out as Great Grey Owl, but at first they were looking like penguins and then a bit like zebras, so I pressed the nuclear option and gave them an all over green wash. I’m very happy with the result, which looks better in real life than in the photos - honest it does!

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a non- flying beast of nature on the tabletop.

Love the owl bears! fantastic paint jobs and i love your basing, its spot on for forces of nature!

2 Likes

Well thank you very much. The army went to the last tourney in the UK pre lockdown: Franticon 2020. And it will be showing up again for the It’s a Troll FFS tourney in 10 day’s time, this time with added Beasts of Nature and / or Pegasi, but how many of each, I wonder? :wink:

2 Likes

The answer is all of them, all of the beasts of nature and Pegasi!!

2 Likes

The army for the It’s a Troll FFS is now settled. All three Beasts of Nature, but no Pegasi (sniff). There’s also a tournament special character, a Titan, Darklord Dan. I’ve gone with a monster Tree Man, of course. Here’s some pictures.

23 Likes

That titian is awesome!

Going to use it for something else after the tournament?

3 Likes

It’ll probably just be built into a display board. It is a bit out scale for normal play

1 Like

I took 3 non flying BoN to my 1st Clash of Kings in 2016 I think (in the cold decommissioned church)

Yeah I didn’t do great…

2 Likes

But he is awesome.!! Use him as an Earth Elemental perhaps… he needs to be Def 6

2 Likes

I was at that event too!
Cold but a pivotal event for me, the first of my international KoW travels.

3 Likes

Time to start petitioning for a Greater Tree Herder!

3 Likes

Or change Wiltfathers rules he has to go on a titan base :wink:

2 Likes